inbox.google.com always opens pinned tab to clients5.google.com
Snacko last edited by Gwen-Dragon
I have had this Google Inbox pinned tab for months and it has always done this. When I open the browser, it starts at: https://clients5.google.com/pagead/drt/dn/ even though the pinned tab is inbox.google.com!
If I click the back button I go to inbox.google.com. But this is annoying, and it's the only page this happens with, and I have many, many tabs opened all the time, and restored when I open the browser.
Is there a Support forum? Or is this all the support that there is?
mib2berlin last edited by mib2berlin
Hi, this is a user forum, I think "Support" is only for payed software. ;)
Anyway, I think nobody understand what the problem is therefor nobody answer. Can you explain your setup a bit more and Vivaldi version, please?
Screen shot may help too.
Yes, thank you for the reply.
I have Vivaldi set to restore the opened tabs/pages when it starts. But it has a problem when it opens the Google: inbox.google.com. Every time Vivaldi starts, it changes the url to 'client5.google.com/pagead/drt/dn/', which is blank.
I also have Google Chrome installed and have used it for years the same way. I always have Chrome startup with my restore pages/tabs from last time. And it opens the Google Inbox just fine. Chrome does not change the url at all.
So it seems there is nothing wrong with the url. Something in Vivaldi, behind the scenes is causing this. I'm guessing it is sending some additional data along with the request to inbox.google.com that causes it to change.
Hi, if I got to inbox.google.com it start at https://inbox.google.com/?pli=1
I set startup with Last Session and after restart Vivaldi it open my inbox page at https://inbox.google.com/?pli=1
It seams it is working as expected.
Opensuse Leap 42.3 x86_64
CPU Intel T4200 4 GB
GPU Intel GN 965
KDE Plasma 5.8.7
Vivaldi latest snapshot
Yes, it is weird..
I have read on the net that it may be due to the Script blocker extension that I have installed. I have disabled that, but it still seems to happen. Thanks for your help. I have also read to reset all settings to fix this in Chrome. I don't want to do that. I will delete all my extensions first and see if that fixes it..
you can simply rename your default directory to get a clean profile for testing.
Nope, that did not fix the problem. It still opens inbox.google.com into the new url. Very strange. That session of Vivaldi had no extensions, no bookmarks, no nothng!! And it still did it. Now I'm thinking it is Vivaldi, but your's doesn't do it. So I'm confused..
I'll just live it with. I just have to click the back button every time I open the browser for just that one tab.
:/ may it is a Windows only problem, we need another Windows user.
iAN CooG last edited by iAN CooG
I never tried that site, made a pinned tab with it for the first time. Then closed Vivaldi. I can confirm that on restart the tab containing
after a second got redirected to
I went back (back space) and f5, now it stays on https://inbox.google.com
Maybe cookies weren't stored the first time?
win7 32 bit, Vivaldi 1.14.1036.3 (Official Build) (32-bit)
I tried that also. I pressed backspace and went back to inbox.google.com, and then pressed F5. Closed the browser and reopened it. Still did it. So, I did it again but pressed Ctrl-F5 to force a total refresh(no cache files). That also didn't fix it. And last I deleted all of my inbox.google.com cookies, and again it didn't fix it. Weird. And there are no cookies for client5.google.com.
zaibon last edited by
Just in case that this really is cookie related what are your cookie settings?
Open settings --> privacy --> section cookies
And something else came to my mind. Does the url change still happen when you add inbox.google.com as a webpanel?
Snacko last edited by Snacko
My Cookie settings are set to All Accepted. Block Thrit Party Cookies is not checked.
I clicked on the green icon next to the url and deleted the cookies, but that didn't help.
Then I tried blocking inbox.google.com but that also did not help.
So, I tried blocking google.com; inbox.google.com; and client5.google.com, and that stopped the site from being reached. Nothing loaded then.
So, I unblocked everything and now it's back to the way it was... Forwarding to Client5.google.com. Arg..
And as I stated in an above post. I went into the AppData settings Default folder and renamed it so V would create new settings. I then tested this and it did the same thing on clean setup of Vivaldi.
PS: I also installed the latested update before I did all of the above tests today. I was testing on v1.13.1008.36 (Stable channel) (32-bit). I just updated to the 64bit version, and that did not help.