Vivaldi 1.13 Pop-Up Regression with Autotask

• I don't know if anyone else has seen this, but I seem to be experiencing a regression in relation to pop-ups. Pop-up windows are disabled by default, but I have them allowed for one work-related website domain via chrome://settings. However, these pop-ups seem to have at least partially not been allowed since the 1.13 update. Additionally, this same work-related website uses javascript (I suspect) to launch new windows or tabs sometimes, and after 1.13, these javascript-enabled buttons now trigger a new tab or window, but the desired destination content never loads.

[modedit] changed title

Not easy to reproduce for me.
    Please give me a link to test that site.

• I wish I could. It's a professional services automation web app you need a paid subscription to use, called Autotask. There's a feature called LiveLinks that create links to external websites or applications using variables stored within Autotask to create the URL ("deep linking" into other websites).

Ideally, I wish I knew how to reproduce the behavior outside of the system. I can't find much technical documentation on how exactly they're doing it to give specifics on what behavior is now not working in Vivaldi. The links appear to be javascript-based, and they open a new window when clicking on them.

All I know is the LiveLinks were working in version 1.12, and now in 1.13 they are not. Clicking on the LiveLink button, a new tab opens, but nothing ever loads in the tab. I can't find any errors in the developer console to figure out what might be causing it. The LiveLinks have always worked in Chrome.

Cant you please try to check/change:

1. Settings โ†’ Appearance
      โ˜‘ Open popups in Tabs

2. Start Dveloper Tools,
      Change Useragent to Chrome with its Tool 'Network Conditions'
      Reload page with F5

• Thanks, I tried changing those options, but now instead of a tab opening and nothing loading, a small window temporarily opens in the corner of the computer screen and then closes. The external website still doesn't open in a new window or tab. This appears to happen both in the Mac and Windows versions of Vivaldi 1.13.

And it worked in which Chromium version before?

Perhaps problems with Content-Security-Policy of the seites opened by frames/popups?

I do not know if developers can test it, but please report the issue.
    Are you able to make a screen recording (GIF or video) to describe the issue?

How to do a bug report for Vivaldi

Report each bug separately at https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/
    Describe the issue as precise as you can.
    Add some information about extensions you use.
    Add information about the operating system and version you use.
    Add some information which security tools you use.
    If you have problems with video or audio give us information about your installed codecs and graphics
    card/GPU.
    Add a exact link to the page where the issue comes up and can be tested.
    After reporting the issue, you will receive a confirmation mail from the bugtracker.
    In a reply to this mail you can add more information and files (like screenshots or testcases) as
    attachments and it will be added automatically to bug report.

If you have questions about the bug please ask in forum first and do not forget to post the VB-XXXXX
    bug number (you can find it in confirmation mail).

Thanks in advance for helping us to make Vivaldi better!

• Thanks, I've submitted a bug report VB-35899.

@digitrance Thanks.

Your video is not attached in reply mail?.

• I sent it as a 720p zipped mp4, but it was 11 MB. Not sure what the file size limit is. I can trying sending a 480p version - hopefully it's big enough to make out what's going on.

@digitrance Upload it to Filebin.net

@digitrance Thanks for the dropbox link to video.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.