Latest Vivaldi causing kernel-core to crash on Fedora 27

• The latest version of Vivaldi (vivaldi-stable-1.13.1008.32-1.x86_64) is causing kernel-core on Fedora 27 to crash. Because it is a kernel crash, the Fedora crash reporter will not report the crash, but I am attaching a screenshot of the crash reporter screen showing some information about the crash.

Please note that I have tested both the hard drive and memory, no errors were found. Other browsers (Firefox and Chromium) are not causing the kernel to crash.
    0_1511816980380_Screenshot at 2017-11-27 15-44-49.png

Update: I was able to duplicate this on a different x86_64 desktop with the same version of Vivaldi installed, with Fedora 27. Same information in the crash report.

• Such crash shoudl be foudn in syslog.
    Please switch to other console and have a look, copy the releveant lines into a text file and report as a bug to Vivaldi.

How to do a bug report for Vivaldi

Report each bug separately at https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/
    Describe the issue as precise as you can.
    Add some information about extensions you use.
    Add information about the operating system and version you use.
    Add some information which security tools you use.
    If you have problems with video or audio give us information about your installed codecs and graphics
    card/GPU.
    Add a exact link to the page where the issue comes up and can be tested.
    After reporting the issue, you will receive a confirmation mail from the bugtracker.
    In a reply to this mail you can add more information and files (like screenshots or testcases) as
    attachments and it will be added automatically to bug report.

If you have questions about the bug please ask in forum first and do not forget to post the VB-XXXXX
    bug number (you can find it in confirmation mail).

Thanks in advance for helping us to make Vivaldi better!

• If it helps I'm still on Fedora 25 Design Suite w/ GNOME 3 and no problems. I will be upgrading to F27 or if things goes south, distro hopping to Linux Mint.

• I updated F25 to F27 and the Kernel too, so far so good for Vivaldi.

• I have submitted the bug report and included the relevant lines from syslog (it's actually journalctl in Fedora).

Although I have not received any correspondence from Vivaldi concerning the bug report, two new kernels have since been released (4.13.16-300 and 4.13.16-302) and I was able to duplicate the crash with both kernels.

The limited information in the crash reports, contained the same information as what I copied in my original post, invalid opcode in the same library.

The crashes all occurred while on the iheart.com web site (iHeartRadio).

• @edwardp said in Latest Vivaldi causing kernel-core to crash on Fedora 27:

I have submitted the bug report

Which bug number did you get?

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.