Twitter: "The media could not be played" etc.

• I'm on Windows 10. I have the latest PPAPI Flash Player for Chromium based browsers. Vivaldi and Flash Player and Chrome (all 64-bit) are installed on my PC.

Twitch.tv is having problems for me too. E.g. Twitch clips can't play for me.

I have tried to enable the plugin-related thing suggested in threads of similar problems.

Nothing works. Please help! Thanks in advance.

Twitter and Twitch works for me on Windows 10x64.
    And you do not need Flash Player on Twitter or Twitch, all is HTML5 video.

Perhaps you video card driver has problems? Which GPU does you PC have?
    And please open vivaldi://gpu and have a look at section Graphics Feature Status, is there something red or all green?

• My GPU is of the AMD Radeon R9 200 Series, cant remember if it is 280 or 290.
    The Chrome browser plays all videos perfectly.
    On vivaldi://gpu, these are the only yellow items among the other greens under Graphics Feature Status:

Native GpuMemoryBuffers: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled
    Rasterization: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable

This comes up as an error, not sure if related to my problems:

GPU rasterization should only be enabled on NVIDIA and Intel DX11+, and AMD RX-R2 GPUs for now.: 643850
    Disabled Features: gpu_rasterization

Not sure what rasterization is, nor how to disable it.

Thanks again

Chrome cant be compared to Vivaldi as it has special video decoders incorporated.
    Vivaldi uses the Windows installed codecs.

Should work on Windows 10x64.

Strange. Perhaps you can test this:

1. Open vivaldi://chrome/settings/search#hardw
    2. Disable Hardware acceleration
    3. Restart Vivaldi

Does this work?
    No?
    Then re-enable Hardware acceleration.

1. Open vivaldi://chrome/settings/search#hardw
    2. Enable Hardware acceleration
    3. Restart Vivaldi

Then try to override other settings:
    vivaldi://flags/#ignore-gpu-blacklist
    vivaldi://flags/#disable-accelerated-video-decode

• Nothing seems to work. I tested by viewing a twitter feed and its videos in between every setting you proposed. No change. I really like Vivaldi, so it would be great if it could be fixed.

Thanks again

Do you like to give us a twitter link to test?

If you found a bug, please report the issue to the developers to fix it.

How to do a bugreport for Vivaldi
    Report each bug separately at https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/
    Describe the issue as precise as you can.
    Add some information about extensions you use.
    Add information about the operating system and version you use.
    if you have problems with video or audio give us information about your installed codecs and graphics card/GPU.
    Add a link to a testpage where the issue comes up and can be tested.
    After reporting the issue, you will receive a confirmation mail from the bugtracker.
    In a reply to this mail you can add more information and files (like screenshots or testcases) as attachments and it will be added automatically to bug report.
    If you have questions about the bug please ask in forum first and do not forget to post the VB-XXXXX bug number (you can find it in confirmation mail).

Thanks in advance for helping us to make Vivaldi better!

• Any twitter, such as https://twitter.com/Disturbed?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author
    If I scroll by a video, the box is black, with the text "The media could not be played." Seems weird to me that nobody else has this problem.

EDIT: it's not only Twitter that is acting up. Twitch is the other website I've noticed problems with; if I click on a video (not live) I generally have to refresh the page 2 or 3 times to get it working. "Twitch clips" feature is not working at all.

• the videos work fine for me there, both with or without audio

• Twitter videos are HTML5 MP4 (H264/AAC) videos. One may not be able to read these specifically and it can be resolved by installing something aside the browser.

On Linux, one may simply install an official package, as what follows worked for me : https://gist.github.com/ruario/bec42d156d30affef655

For Windows, it appears a codex pack may do the trick, but I cannot test myself :
    http://www.h264info.com/playh264.html
    If not, you may find something similar that allows you to play this format

Hope this helps

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.