Using Vivaldi on a Dual Monitor Setup

• Someone recently donated a 1600 x 1200 NEC rotating monitor, so I now have that as my primary monitor in 1200 x 1600 portrait mode, with an old 1280x1024 ViewSonic monitor as my secondary monitor.

0_1493578853967_Display Settings.png

I find that having so much vertical space is a great plus for browsing forums in Vivaldi. These are my findings so far. Feel welcome to add some tips of your own of how to get the best out of a setup similar to this.

• I now hide the Panel Toolbar to maximise horizontal space, using F4 to open and close it at whichever panel was last in use.
    • To watch a video, I drag the tab to the secondary monitor, maximise it, and enter fullscreen
    • I don't open lots of tabs (rarely more than 5), so Vivaldi is maximised with tabs at the top, and no space above the tabs
    • I tidied up my Bookmarks Bar folder so that it fits easily in 1200 pixels.
    • The Statusbar is usually enabled, with the Windows taskbar on autohide at the bottom
    • Opera 12.17 is on the secondary monitor, so that I can look at incoming mails as they arrive, but I usually keep it minimised and just show the desktop

• @Pesala Using two monitors means using 2 or more windows, so be sure to take care when closing, sessions etc depend on the LAST closed window.

• @TbGbe Since I rarely open more than five tabs it's not much of an issue. I would normally close the window on the secondary monitor after watching the video, but If I forgot, it would not take a minute to fix. I startup with the last session.

• @Pesala Yep, I know you know - it was meant more as general info for others :grin:

• @Pesala said in Using Vivaldi on a Dual Monitor Setup:

I now hide the Panel Toolbar to maximise horizontal space, using F4 to open and close it at whichever panel was last in use.

I swapped the mouse gesture: GestureRight, GestureLeft to show/hide the Panel instead of the Bookmarks Panel. That way, the panel toolbar does not need to be displayed when the panels are closed.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.