Global search bar

• Hello, is possible set Search Bar global for all tabs? (Search phrase will stay same on all tabs as it is in Firefox)

• @tomas.aes Not that I know of. It is more useful to have each tab remember it's own search text. If any tab has no search string yet, then F3 will automatically use the last used string, unless some text is selected, then it will use that.

• Thank for reply, I used probably bad term I mean Web Search Field(right from address bar). I mostly repeat same search again on new tab/other tab.

• If you use the current snapshot: 1.9.818.3, the search field will be global for all tabs. Personally, I consider this unwanted behavior and I can't disable it, but if you like it, that's one way to get it.

• @Hexaemeron: so that is what is happening? I wanted to report it as a bug that the search field doesn't "reset to blank" after using it.

Is that considered a "feature?" I find it very annoying.

• @wpcoe All you have to do is click the x to clear it, or simply overtype it. It is selected as soon as you click in the search field.

• Changing the search isn't an issue, but this means that I can only have one search per browser window. I often will have multiple searches per browser session, spanning over multiple days. It really sucks to have a search on a new tab overwrite all the searches on the tabs from earlier.

It's just bad behavior from my perspective to have the search field global across all tabs.

• From my perspective It seems that best option would be make this configurable by users.

• @Pesala : Still, I hardly consider that an "improvement" or feature I would want. An option in Settings to disable the behavior would be greatly appreciated.

• @tomas.aes +1. Absolutely.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.