[bug] Mouse cursor disappears when highlighting text

• on random pages, when highlighting text from right to left, the cursor can suddenly disappear. It can also happen when clicking the website button to upload a file to that site.
    v. 1.8.770.56

@sahands - Can't reproduce. Do you use any extensions?

• @sahands said in [bug] Mouse cursor disappears when highlighting text:

pages, when highlighting text from right to left, the cursor can suddenly disappear. It can also happen when clicking the website button to upload a file to that site.
    v. 1.8.770.56

Having the same problem: While click-dragging, if I happen to pause for less than a second, cursor disappears. Unable to continue click-dragging from there. Cursor won't return until I release mouse button. This happens even when highlighting in the address bar. On this same laptop, I got Chrome, Chromium and Firefox - No issues like this.

• no extensions installed
    • Vivaldi 1.9.818.50 (Stable channel) (64-bit)
    • Linux Mint 18.1 Serena Cinnamon 64-bit
    • Dell Vostro 5560 with NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M

@jdreco You posted this under Vivaldi Browser for Windows. Let me test on my 64-bit Mint Serena/Cinnamon and see if I can reproduce. I have moved the topic to Linux.

@jdreco: I can't reproduce it. Is this happening in text boxes or something?

• @Ayespy It happens when highlighting any text on webpages (ex. in a wikipedia article) and in the address bar.

It was very reproducible yesterday. But after rebooting my laptop today, I can't reproduce it now. I'll test for the rest of the day and revert here.

I should add, I disabled hardware acceleration because of screen flicker when playing videos.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.