Bookmarking features

• Hi. I have been an avid user of Firefox but as of update 28 and above I have had nothing but issues with the browser. I am looking to switch, but I have one feature request. Firefox is the only browser with separators for bookmarks. I cannot break myself to switch because I am an organization OCD freak. TLDR; add separators to bookmarks/add bookmarks toolbar.

• +1

@TediousTaco:

Hi. I have been an avid user of Firefox but as of update 28 and above I have had nothing but issues with the browser. I am looking to switch, but I have one feature request. Firefox is the only browser with separators for bookmarks. I cannot break myself to switch because I am an organization OCD freak.

TLDR; add separators to bookmarks/add bookmarks toolbar.

Hm. Interesting idea. Totally useless for me, but an interesting idea nonetheless. Maybe, like in a couple of other browsers, just have a "separator" element available in a visual menu box, that can be dragged onto the interface basically anywhere.

• +1, provided that the separators are thin (not consuming an entire button-space). I used to employ thin separators a long time ago, either in some old Opera (v9 or v10?) or Firefox/extension version, but that ability was lost after updates either blocked them or forced use of full-button-sized separators (in which case, they became too bulky to use on my crowded horizontal bars). Most of the bookmarks on my bars are heavily abbreviated and consist of 10-12 bookmarks within a particular topical set. regaining the ability to independently visually separate the sets would be an important tool. At present, I have to include a "|" symbol as the leading character of the bookmark nickname starting each set to denote that entire set… a sort of fake separator, if you will.

• @RRR13:

You crazy hardcore bookmarkers are really crazy! :lol:

Likely Sergey Brin and Larry Page started this way :lol:

• @RRR13:

@Blackbird:

At present, I have to include a "|" symbol as the leading character of the bookmark nickname starting each set to denote that entire set… a sort of fake separator, if you will.

Oh.My.God.!
    You crazy hardcore bookmarkers are really crazy! :lol:

To me, a bookmarks bar is an index of key sites I use continually in my work, but not constantly (hence I don't want a lot of open tabs to load the browser). To get as many bookmarks as possible on the bar, I abbreviate their nicknames severely (many have identical icons, so icons won't distinguish them). By grouping bookmarks together in particular sets (eg: 14 related regional weather radar views), and denoting the start and end of sets by separators, rapid and intelligent access can be achieved with very few errors. In old Opera days, I had around 73 bookmarks on a bar and I could even rather quickly switch out toolbars to apply other 73-bookmark toolbars whenever the need arose during the workday. Crazy? Perhaps… but to me, a customized browser can be a highly effective tool. ;)

• @Blackbird:

I have to include a "|" symbol as the leading character of the bookmark nickname starting each set to denote that entire set… a sort of fake separator, if you will.

This is the main reason why I will not use Chrome, as much as I love it's stability and flawlessness.
    I've been using Firefox for a good 5 years and my problems didn't begin until the new UI updates (Australis, w/e).
    Even with the Classic Theme Restorer skin, Firefox still acts sluggy.

Separators are part of my daily browsing life, I cannot go without organization!

• Hi

Here is my request

1. I would like to see ability to assign tags to the bookmarks
    2. Auto sorting of bookmarks on domain and / or tag basis.

Thanks ;-D

• Separators - must have feature! :)

• Wtf with bookmarking? I'm in shock. Im not understand how to create folders, they are constantly rename and delete :angry:

• @Undland:

Wtf with bookmarking? I'm in shock. Im not understand how to create folders, they are constantly rename and delete :angry:

Indeed they are buggy right now. This will doubtlessly improve. Fiddle with them for a while and you will be able to make them do close to what you like. But I'm hoping bookmarks improve rapidly since I believe they are a vital part of any browser.

• good one, i used it few times but for who likes to organize better the bookmarks, it's useful
    +1

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.