Keep Your Friends Close: Using Web Panels for Social Media

• I love the idea of web panels, and would probably use it for things like FB/FB Messenger, Gmail, etc. But the problem is they take up RAM/CPU and bandwidth resources without giving me the ability to hibernate it. If it didn't take up any resources while they were hidden, I'd probably use it a lot more often. For now, being able to close and hibernate tabs is keeping me from using web panels.

• @d0j0p
    1st, is it ok to continue in this 1 year old thread?

Anyway, I'm agree with you. Active site such GMail become a burden if added as webpanel.

I wonder if we add stock ticker site to webpanel it usually update every second, Gmail every few minutes. Never test it, just cross my mind as I write this.

Hibernating webpanel for site like GMail will cause the checking doesn't run. We'll need another method to minimize resource.

• @dleon This thread is a year old? I just came here from Vivaldi's tweet/retweet, which led me here and thought it was a new thread. Sorry about that.

I do like your ideas on stock ticker. It's kind of like notifications from apps you get for emails, even though you don't have the app open at all. I agree there needs to be another method for minimizing resource, but as someone who isn't a programmer, I don't know the solution to that.

• Using the Web Panels for social media accounts works amazing! So fluid!

• I love this browser. I am a web engineer. its great for productivity.
    Thank you so much for creating it.
    The biggest change I would be requesting is for some indicator on the panel to show me a notification count/ or light on the social media sites.
    Also a solution for others who may have the same types of problems as I:
    i find that while using messenger.com. the css of the site actually contains a min-width, restricting me from making the panel too thin.
    This is when I discovered that css/js injection plugins effect the panel area too.
    So now I have unset this min-width. i also have the facebook header bar positioned fixed. so I always see notifications even while scrolling through facebook.

• @duarte-framos: does Tiddlywiki Provide any clear advantages over the current OneNote?

• Now if I could tile them... so I could have, say, both Gab and Twitter showing.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.