How to reverse the scrolling direction on Linux?

• Hi,

Using latest V from the repo (1.6.689.46 (Stable channel) (64-bit)) , the page scrolls in the opposite direction that I want. The entire OS (Mint 17.3 xfce) programs scroll properly (push two fingers UPWARDS on the touchpad = scroll down , roll mouse wheel upwards {away from me} is the same).

But in V , using the two fingers on the touchpad - the scrolling direction is opposite to the rest of the OS.
    For some reason, the mouse wheel is fine.
    It's like V is hardcoded to use two finger scrolling in a particular direction, without respecting the OS setting. But V does respect the mouse scroll direction setting in the OS.

In the OS - both mouse and touchpad have the same scroll direction settings.

Thanks.

• can you toggle settings>touchpad>reverse scrolling direction? im on cinnamon, dont know how xfce does it.

• @monkey_wrench_gang898
    Thanks for that - I actually use the "reverse scrolling" setting on xfce which sorts out all of the OS. But V insists on scrolling it's own way !

• @flyingrhino

Hi, the bug in Chromium builds 49, re-introduced in 54, 55

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=582547#c49

Some reasons for the unexpected behavior and workarounds listed in the thread

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.