Chrome extensions rarely work properly or ruin the security

• A few of Chrome extensions are working properly in Vivaldi.
    I am using Vivaldi on two Windows 10 laptops. Installing the needed extensions (only a small part of those I have previously installed in Chrome) were making Vivaldi haunted by malware and fraudulent unwanted tabs opening.
    Then I started installing the extensions one by one and identified that most of the video download helpers were compromising the security.
    Meanwhile, the one that I really needed, Video DownloadHelper, was not working.
    Finally, an extension that is especially important for me - X-notifier - is not working properly. After opening one e-mail account the toolbar button does not respond for a long time and I cannot check the next account with unread messages.
    I guess that Chrome extensions should not be used directly and they have to be adapted for proper function.

• depends on the extension. lastpass used to be a problem, then they fixed it. i have had problems with pocket and evernote apps, but recently they fixed those. in the forum there is a section for extensions and third party applications. i recommend investigating/fixing each extension individually.
    https://forum.vivaldi.net/category/51/extensions

• @dvdbndvd Video Download Helper is a popular extension that injects ads across websites and prevents you from opening the Extensions page. I described how to get rid of it here.

If you have any extensions that you'd wish to use in Vivaldi, check if they're already on the list (if so - vote them up) and if they're not - add them to the list. This way we could tell the Vivaldi developers team which extensions we would like to have support for in Vivaldi.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.