[how to] export/backup/restore saved passwords in Vivaldi.

Finally I figured out a simple way to do so and I'm going to share the procedure.

#1 Enable the feature

Go to the following address, set the feature to enabled and restart vivaldi.

vivaldi://flags/#password-import-export

#2 Export your passwords

Go to the address

chrome://settings/passwords

You will see two new buttons to save and restore your passwords, your OS credentials will be asked to do so. Then just choose the right filename and a folder

(keep in mind that the exported .csv file will include passwords in clear text, so better to keep that file in a safe place, possibly protecting it with a master password).
    #3 Restore your passwords

When/if needed just repeat the step #2 (obviously step #1 as well if you are using a fresh install), choosing import instead of export

That's all.

I believe that many users will welcome this mini tutorial

Thanks for this hint.

That should be added to Vivaldi Help at https://help.vivaldi.com/knowledgebase/

I will ping our community manager Gaelle tomorrow to add this.

@The_Solutor - Brilliant find. As you suggested, many users will welcome this knowledge.

• This is great !! :D Thanks !!

I was trying the KeePass way to backup them, but it's something too complex for my mother (start keepass, start browser, DON'T USE the browser password manager but only the Keepass plugin, if keepass ask for confirmations press yes, etc...)...
    She is too used with the Opera 12 way (press the Key icon... and nothing else !!)

EDIT:
    Could there be a way to automate a backup ? Maybe a powershell script or something ?

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.