Delay in launching new web page.

• Hi One of the things that bothers me about Vivaldi is that I often have to wait for the web page to load longer than Chrome. I have at times got frustrated with waiting for a web page to load so I then launch Chrome and go to the same web page and the page opens before the one in Vivaldi. So I do not know why Vivaldi often waits so long. Simon

• I'm having a delay problem too. Sometimes I click and it seems liked nothing happens. So I right click to open in a new tab to make sure the link works. And eventually the page loads.

@simonwhite:

Hi

One of the things that bothers me about Vivaldi is that I often have to wait for the web page to load longer than Chrome. I have at times got frustrated with waiting for a web page to load so I then launch Chrome and go to the same web page and the page opens before the one in Vivaldi. So I do not know why Vivaldi often waits so long.

Simon

What sort of security software do you run?

• The security software is Windows Defender. I am running Windows 10 Pro.

Can't think why you would have undue delays, then. My Win 10 systems render new pages and new tabs very quickly - as least as quickly as Chrome, with the exception of New Window which takes nearly a second here, because of the additional abstraction layer Vivaldi has to build.

• I'm running Windows 7 Pro with Norton Internet Security and Malwarebytes. I also use Firefox and Opera 12 and they don't delay.

But this doesn't happen every time in Vivaldi. Just often enough for me to take notice.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.