Error while extracting installer archive - again and again…


  • Vivaldi Translator

    Hello I'm just wondering if anyone else met same problem as I... :blink: When I download installer of new snapshot and run it in about 30% of cases I got [b]"error while extracting archive..."[/b] error after first run Sometimes I got this error after second run. In really rare cases I got this error after third run But when I just keep trying starting same executable installer suddenly it starts working properly There is no difference if I use autoupgrader or download installer from website with IE [b]The exe file is not corrupted[/b] It looks just like totally random thing No - I don't think it's a matter of any third parity software I am using it on my test machine which has a nearly clean installation of Win 2008 R2 x64 [b]No - it's not AV software. Nor any malware scanner[/b] Problem happens whether I run installer as administrator or not. This is not the thing that prevents me from installing Vivaldi but it just keeps annoying me ;) If anyone from dev team can tell me how to generate any useful logs / data I'd like to try and provide some context... Thanks for any clues ;) Regards P.


  • Moderator

    Have never seen anything like this. Perhaps someone else has.


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.