Occasional Blank Pages

• This problem has been happening to me ever Since the 1.3 Update. Sometimes when I click on a link in a webpage, I am greeted by a blank page, no loading, no message, just a blank page, even the address bar says "Blank Page". This doesn't happen a lot, but when it does, it's annoying. To the greatest team on earth. please give me a solution

• I have similar problem, but when it happens I see loading of page (progress bar) and address in address bar, but still page is blank. Ironically this happened even with vivladi.net :lol:
    Sometimes refreshing of page or opening in new tab helps, sometimes not. So it is actually really annoying and I have to use Edge…

• Same has been happening here - especially at login attempts.

• This is happening with every link I open in a new tab from https://voat.co and occasionally from other domains (including Vivaldi.com to Community link). From Voat, the only way to get it to open without a blank page is to right-click and choose any of the 4 open options. All this started with the latest update, 1.3.551.30 (Stable channel) (32-bit) on Windows 7 64-bit.

• Blank Page with blank url bar sounds similar to a bug reported in MAC forums (and similar ones in Linux forums)

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/forum/vivaldi-browser-for-linux/14103-google-image-search-results-in-blank-page

Apparently, there are already bug report(s) raised as a fault in V1.3 .

• Now even embedded YouTube links are playing with blank video (audio still works). :huh:

EDIT: Fixed the issue by uninstalling 1.3.551.30 and installing the previous version 1.2.490.43 (also switched to the 64-bit version). Will be skipping 1.3.551.30.

Download previous version here:
    32-bit
    64-bit

• Also happens on reddit, go to reddit.com and double click any link, you ll see a blank page with nothing in the address bar.

• Same here - very annoying bug…

• I don't know if this is related but I had to post, I haven't started seeing these issues until the recent update. The sites I've encountered that have this issue are rendering but it's like something is covering up the rendering window.

When you highlight all within the window and drag away you can see it's rendering in some form otherwise you couldn't see the drag preview in Windows.

What I find even more baffling is that it's not consistent restarting the browser seems to help, and I initially though the Accelerated Canvas rendering was the issue so I've disabled however to no avail. I even went as far to disable all the hardware accelerated options I could find and couldn't get it to stop.
    Attachments:

• Same happening here :S - Especially when I login to sites or open attachments in Fastmail.

• @fang64:

When you highlight all within the window and drag away you can see it's rendering in some form otherwise you couldn't see the drag preview in Windows.

That is a slightly different scenario and has been reported already
    https://vivaldi.net/en-US/forum/vivaldi-browser/14152-some-pages-load-but-don-t-display-anything#71832

• There's a temporary workaround, in the meantime you can patch bundle.js thanks to den_po and see if it works for you too
    https://vivaldi.net/en-US/forum/all/8453-bundle-js-modding?start=60#71859

• For me, it always happens when using "Search by image" features on Google Images.

::EDIT::
    No problem anymore after updating to 1.4.589.38 (Stable channel) (32-bit)

• This has been randomly happening to me too a few times a day. Sometimes I will click a link or type a web address in and it doesn't appear to load it just goes blank, the address bar is empty, and the tab history is gone too so I can't even click back and try again?

This bug is being worked on.

"Back" button and back gestures do work on such pages even though the back arrow is grayed out.

• @mady:

For me, it always happens when using "Search by image" features on Google Images.

Same behavior here, with version 1.3.551.30 (Stable channel) (32 bits) on Windows 10.
    It's also happening when I choose an image in google image, and when I click on "Autre tailles" ("other sizes" in english ?).

• In additional to this problem, I sometimes have the problem, that pages don't load and I get the "page not available" message. It doesn't help to reload or reload vivaldi itself. The worst thing about it is that in this case it is a webpage I do online banking with.

So far people are reporting this here now…any solutions? Is this a known problem?

@NoerglervomDienst:

In additional to this problem, I sometimes have the problem, that pages don't load and I get the "page not available" message. It doesn't help to reload or reload vivaldi itself. The worst thing about it is that in this case it is a webpage I do online banking with.

So far people are reporting this here now…any solutions? Is this a known problem?

That is an unrelated problem which is NOT a known issue. Please file a bug report.

• The same problem here with Vivaldi 1.4.589.38 (Stable channel) (64-bit) on Windows 10 - VERY annoying!!! :angry:

• This is still happening on OSX with the latest version. If I cmd+click on a link on any webpage, to open it in a new tab. When it loads the page is there but there is a solid grey overlay so you cannot see the page. I know the page is there because if I click where I know a button is then it will perform that action.

I have to copy the URL, open a new tab and paste it in the address bar for it to load the page properly.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.