Tab navigation moved to the bottom – Vivaldi Android Browser snapshot 1964.3
t0yz last edited by
infosrefanvlad last edited by infosrefanvlad
So after all neither the tablet UI works well. While swiping on the tab bar in portrait mode, the bottom bar specific to the phone layout appears.
Sometimes the Chrome tab bar (I assume it is) appears too, though I cannot consistently reproduce this.
EDIT: Reported as VAB-1871.
EDIT2: Yes. Even if I cannot always trigger the Chrome tab bar to appear while swiping, when it does appear, it also seems to appear in the most random of places. It could appear anywhere between an arbitrary position in the middle of the screen to the bottom, just above the bottom bar.
Right now my theory is that when the Chrome tab bar doesn't appear, it actually does, but it's either under the tab strip or under the bottom bar.
I'm experiencing again issues with notes too.
Sometimes I highlight text and then click "copy to note": Vivaldi forcibly closes.
Moreover they are not appearing in the notes list even if the pop "added to note" appears... Definitely something wrong here...
Thanks for the update
The browser comes to a standstill if I use a long blocklist like
After I disable or delete the list
The browser again becomes usable
Hope to get a fix
JohnConnorBear last edited by
I give you this hint.
Besides the obvious fact that you need the smallest list possible to save resources, the point is the very concept of "sanitizing" the Internet with a list is totally nonsense.
In fact, even the "standard lists" like Easylist are actually based on a syntax that aims to match "blockable items" with sort of "parametric keywords" like "/ads." matches any string that includes those three letters "ads" plus the opening and closing characters.
I made some experiments and the average user needs a list of about 200 lines. The problem is each user should make his/her own list tailored on the sites he/she visits. Since most people don't want the burden, you need a generic list that covers as many Web sites as possible. In that generic list 99.9% lines are useless for each single user.
That said, blocking by-keyword-list is good only for the basic "blocker" in the set and forget mode, good for those users who don't want or need a better control over contents. Otherwise, you need something more along the lines of a "sort-of-firewall" like the "advanced mode" of uBlock or like uMatrix, where you filter content by-domain and by-type.