User Profiles

• I would like to be able to run multiple copies of Vivaldi easily, like chrome lets you do.

@Azenix: Just install them standalone in different folders. I'm running four versions on this machine right now.

• When I did some tweaks in my settings yesterday, I saw this:

0_1485852299480_upload-2b418fdb-e6b4-4dc5-9603-b565010a8ace

but I didn't found, how to switch or start with a different user. Perhaps this is a chromium feature, which isn't fully integrated in Vivaldi

@derDay: With Vivaldi you don't switch users, you switch installs. You can install "for everyone" and then keep fast-switching users on your machine, but that's a lot of work. Rather, install multiple copies in different folders, with multiple shortcuts going to them, and switch that way. There are not "multiple user profiles" in Vivaldi. There are "multiple copies of the program."

• @Ayespy
    Hey Ayespy
    I don't need any copies/profiles at my machine. I just played with Vivaldi settings and pointed to "new" feature, that's it :)

@derDay: Interesting. How did you expose those settings?

• @Ayespy
    go to vivaldi://settings/content and escape one time, there you are

@derDay: Ah. Nope, that won't do it. However, chrome://settings/content ->esc will. You are into Chromium settings that way, not Vivaldi settings. Some of these will work in Vivaldi, and some will not.

• @Ayespy I would like a built in feature though

@Azenix - It could happen. Can't see it being a terribly high priority at this stage, but it could happen.

• @Ayespy:
    Actually it seems to be there...sort of. Following the suggestions in this thread I brought up the Chrome settings. Then clicked "Add Person". Voila!

0_1486737386922_vivaldi-profiles.png

When you add a profile here a new instance of the browser is created. However if you dismiss that window there does not appear to be a way to recreating it!!

Sri

• There used to be a vivaldi://user-manager/ to switch between different "persons", but it's not reachable since 1.7 upgrade. I'm not sure if it's broken or displaced on purpose.

Dear Vivaldi Team: I know it's not on your priority, but could you at least keep the back door?

• @Ayespy While this might be possible in Windows, duplicating the Vivaldi app in Mac OS and running the copy only open a new window of the same profile.

@GHSRobert: creating standalone installs of Vivaldi on Mac is not straightforward, but it can be done. I can't remember where I saw the instructions, but one of the developers posted them something over a year ago.

• Yes vivaldi://user-manager is somehow gone and I cannot switch to different users. Quite horrible, honestly. Unless there is some other solution, I'll have to go back to other browsers.

Please restore the ability to switch users in some way!

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.