MxNitro - fast browser, based on Blink

• I found a new browser based on Blink. Compared to other Chromium browsers, it's really fast. Fast loading, fast page loads. I think developers Vivaldi worth seeing for this project. It shows that Blink can be rapid. Link: http://usa.maxthon.com/nitro/

• This looks like the exact opposite of Vivaldi. Some quotes:

[ul]

• Nitro is stripped-down […].

• Removing largely unused, resource-hogging features like extensions, ad blockers, and cloud services.

• Simplicity at its Finest

• […] we stripped out all unnecessary features that cause delays in browser start-up time.

[/ul]

• Absolutely. This browser is interesting only because of its speed.

• Yeah, but it looks like the reason for its speed is just stripping out all the features. So I think looking at Nitro isn't useful for the development of Vivaldi.

• If one want's a light browser there are a lot of better options, starting from Qupzilla, Otter and Fifth, that are have also a GUI and a lot of Opera like functions.

• Nitro takes the same time to access the boot up/url bar as OPERA

OPERA has far more features and yet it's actually faster.

So the question is why would anyone want to use MxNitro? I always said that project was a failure!

• Chinese botnet at its finest

• It's OK, but I bet most people would just say with FireFox and Chrome.

• @The_Solutor:

If one want's a light browser there are a lot of better options, starting from Qupzilla, Otter and Fifth, that are have also a GUI and a lot of Opera like functions.

Fifth actually looks nice… and it's got that old Opera feel, as well... but, apparently, there aren't binnaries for Windows... and I don't know how to make some... so yeah, another one off the list...

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.