RSS Reader?

• The two indispensable functions of the Opera browser for me were the email client, and the feed reader. An email client for Vivaldi has been confirmed, but I have not seen a feed reader mentioned in any of the recent preview articles. In many ways, rss fans suffered an "apocalypse" similar to Opera when Google shut down Google Reader, and tried to force everyone into Google Plus. So there are rss refugees looking for a home as well. I hope Vivaldi is a place for them as well (and includes an rss reader).

• I've used http://www.inoreader.com/ for a long time now, it's even better than Google Reader, imo. You should try it
    But, i do have a few RSS feeds in my browser, so having RSS reader in Vivaldi would be appreciated

• Yesterday I was about to open the same thread, but I thought that for now they shouldn't get distraction…

But yes, I would like a Feeds Panel too.

@Aiky: I think feeds should not be saved on a web service, the feed itself is a web service and thus should be manage by a client.
    You can update manually, set the refresh rate... and none collect data about your habits.

• Waiting Vivaldi to implement native RSS reader, we can use good SmartRSS addon for Opera in Vivaldi
    see https://vivaldi.net/forum/french/959-tuto-installer-une-extension-style-adblock-smartrss-dans-vivaldi-1-0-tp#10648

• Yeah, sure Smart RSS is great and I'm using it today while I wait for a integrated RSS/Mail client just like in the Old opera. That would be perfect and I really hope it's on the plans.

• i hope they do a RSS client, because I need much that feature currently, mainly i have a lot of sites/blogs/youtube channels to follow and to get uptaded with the news

• Me encantaría que Vivaldi incorpore un lector RSS en el navegador. Soy lector de muchos blogs y es muy útil saber cuando se actualizan.
    Regards from Argentina !!

• A RSS reader would be excelent.

But, going further, I wonder if a generic "this (online file) has updated" feature could work?
    Would be nice to not just have proper feeds, but also notifications of when pages have been updated without you needing to check manually.

• An inbuilt rss reader would be the bomb, I'd appreciate this feature very much, actually can't live without it.

• +1
    Acctually, this is main reason why Opera 12.17 is still my default browser.

• Like old Opera with M2, I'm expecting that RSS will be part of Vivaldi's mail client.

Which I'm still waiting for…

Patiently...

Tap tap tap tap tap...

• Me too, O12 Propera is still my default browser because of the RSS reader, no matter how many times I try Smart RSS I just can't get used to it. Furthermore it seems a bit flakey to depend on random 3rd party users to maintain an extension that is, basically, critically important to my web usage :/

Hopefully it'll be built into the Mail section of Vivaldi like O12's was.

• Good grief - eight months since I implied my patience was wearing thin waiting for mail in Vivaldi… and yet here I still am and yet still no news on mail!

The tension is killing me! :lol:

• @mossman:

Good grief - eight months since I implied my patience was wearing thin waiting for mail in Vivaldi… and yet here I still am and yet still no news on mail!

Subscribe to the feed on the Vivaldi Blog using Opera 12.17, then you will know when the mail client is ready. ;)

• Or just use smart rss. It's really not that bad. I will never understand the rejection of extensions by some people here. One browser can't cover it all, and certainly not a browser in early beta. I'd rather test a modern browser with a few extensions to make up for features still missing, than stick with a dinosaur that is abandonware and doesn't get updated anymore.

• @ozoratsubasa:

i hope they do a RSS client, because I need much that feature currently, mainly i have a lot of sites/blogs/youtube channels to follow and to get uptaded with the news

That's what i also hope for. An integrated ( separated from mail client ) modern looking, intuitive and flexible RSS in speed dial and web panels formats.

But mail client also can have rss feature, like old Opera. But you have to break new ground, Vivaldi (:

Martin Kadlec's SmartRSS is a fine RSS reader see http://blog.martinkadlec.eu/post/501-smart-rss-final-v10
    Download the file
    Rename it to .crx
    Open Vivaldi extension manager with Ctrl Shift E
    Drag the .crx file Vivaldi extension manager
    Then it is installed.

I use it all the day in Vivaldi.

• @Pesala:

@mossman:

Subscribe to the feed on the Vivaldi Blog using Opera 12.17, then you will know when the mail client is ready. ;)

Did you honestly think that I wasn't already doing that?!? :lol:

• @mossman:

Did you honestly think that I wasn't already doing that?!? :lol:

I was just teasing and being a smart rss. :evil:

Don't let the tension kill you. There's no RSS feeds in the after-life as far as I know.

• Smart RSS is pretty decent but still its shit against opera 12 RSS, it have 0 options and you are forced to read, have it bitching in orange or miss the messanges, and you can't just go to the one you want without clicking twice (one for the RSS and then select the one you want)
    I hope we can have a proper RSS reader integrated on vivaldi, I'm still using Opera 12 just for the RSS

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.