src="https://update.vivaldi.com/stats/piwik.php?idsite=1&rec=1&bots=1" style="border:0;" alt=""

Not very responsive and resource-hungry, wrong configuration?

• Maybe the reason is not Vivaldi itself but it feels not very responsive and uses a good deal of CPU and RAM. With many more tabs open, Firefox acts still more smoothly. Can I do anything about it? Sorry for not being very specific, I just want to quickly share my current impression. Maybe this issue is already known to you or it is only true on my system with my configuration. Nevertheless, I love the design and will wait faithfully for the old (Opera) feeling to return. Thanks for your great work.

• Vivaldi Team

@debussy:

Maybe the reason is not Vivaldi itself but it feels not very responsive and uses a good deal of CPU and RAM.
    With many more tabs open, Firefox acts still more smoothly. Can I do anything about it?

Sorry for not being very specific, I just want to quickly share my current impression.
    Maybe this issue is already known to you or it is only true on my system with my configuration.

Nevertheless, I love the design and will wait faithfully for the old (Opera) feeling to return.
    Thanks for your great work.

It is very hard to know what is causing this for you. It could be the particular build of Vivaldi on your particular system. It's very hard to investigate since you aren't offering and details on what you are running Vivaldi on or which version you are running. Maybe you could back up your profile and run with a fresh one which will tell you if it's your current profile and settings causing this.

Let us know what you find out and take it from there.

• Since I upgraded to 1.3.544.25 it got a bit better on the CPU front (I use the now-available "tab hibernation" feature), but previously one of the V processes was always eating around 60-70% CPU even when idling.

Memory usage did not improve much, top is reporting around 5% of memory usage per process for some of them (active tabs I suppose) and around 1.5% for others (hibernated ones probably).

Vivaldi was never really snappy for me, but responsiveness improved a great deal with the recent updates, during the past 2 months or so. At some point it was taking something like 5 seconds to open a tab, now it's around 1 second even with 20 tabs already open.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.