Suggestion about the interface

• I think it would be convenient if the downloads icon from the side panel could be moved as shown on the image below and the entire side panel to be removable. [img]http://www2.pic-upload.de/img/31251782/ScreenShot63.png[/img]

• Why only the downloads icon? What about the bookmarks panel icon, the mail panel icon (WIR), the notes panel icon, and other web panels?

Also, how do you access the downloads from tabs other than the start page?

If you don't want to show the panel toolbar always, shortcuts can be used to show/hide each panel whenever it's needed. (I use Ctrl + 1 to Ctrl + 0 for web panels)

• @Pesala:

Why only the downloads icon? What about the bookmarks panel icon, the mail panel icon (WIR), the notes panel icon, and other web panels?

Also, how do you access the downloads from tabs other than the start page?

If you don't want to show the panel toolbar always, shortcuts can be used to show/hide each panel whenever it's needed. (I use Ctrl + 1 to Ctrl + 0 for web panels)

I was talking about the long panel which atm can be positioned on the left or on the right:

As for accessing downloads - either from the hidden menu in the upper left corner or with Ctrl + Shift + D.
    Using Ctrl + [number] in my case is inapplicable - conflicts with another program and I don't feel like re-setting everything from scratch to match with the brower.

• If the panels toolbar is displayed then the downloads icon is already visible. Why do you need it on the Start Page navigation bar? That only makes sense if you want to hide the panels toolbar to save space, but then my question is "Why move only the downloads icon?"

You can use whatever shortcuts (and mouse gestures) suit you. I only said what I use as an example. They are not the defaults.

• @rado84:

@Pesala:

Why only the downloads icon? What about the bookmarks panel icon, the mail panel icon (WIR), the notes panel icon, and other web panels?

I was talking about the long panel which atm can be positioned on the left or on the right:

But you should normally have several icons on that panel (the ones Pesala mentioned) - not just downloads!

So you need to make all of the buttons available somewhere - the sidebar is the most efficient. The sidebar is the link to any side panels, and with mail and other functions coming there are going to be more side panels in future. Also, the user can put web-pages in side panels… this is not a feature that you should be hiding!

• @mossman:

@rado84:

@Pesala:

But you should normally have several icons on that panel (the ones Pesala mentioned) - not just downloads!

So you need to make all of the buttons available somewhere - the sidebar is the most efficient. The sidebar is the link to any side panels, and with mail and other functions coming there are going to be more side panels in future. Also, the user can put web-pages in side panels… this is not a feature that you should be hiding!

There were 2 more other icons but I removed them. I left only the downloads icon until yesterday when I found out I can access downloads without the side panel and I also found a way to hide it forever.
    As for the mail functions I for one don't care cuz I use Mozilla Thunderbird to read and manage my e-mail accounts.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.