Some sites doesn't work as web panels

• I'm not really sure tis is the rigth place to post it. But i have found many sites like icloud.com or wunderlist.com works great on vivaldi. But if i try to set them as web panels both shows a incompatible browser advice. Wunderlist also thinks i'm accesing from a mobile device and not a desktop one. It's that related to the user-agent? is a different one from the web panels to the normal tabs one?

• Web panel feature identifies itself as a mobile device to optimize the chance to fetch the version of the web page which will work best in a narrow (ie panel) format. Still, if you just input the standard web page URL in the add panel dialog, you can sometimes get the standard web page.

• Thanks for the answer, it seems those 2 sites and some other identifes mobile device and dont offer the web. Telleing me to open the app instead

• @Ayespy:

Web panel feature identifies itself as a mobile device to optimize the chance to fetch the version of the web page which will work best in a narrow (ie panel) format. Still, if you just input the standard web page URL in the add panel dialog, you can sometimes get the standard web page.

If you secondary-click a particular web panel's icon, there's an option to toggle "Show [Desktop|Mobile] Version", although that currently only changes the user agent string, not the screen width reported to the panel's CSS (or any other CSS media features which sites may use to determine how they want to show content). You can conveniently test this by setting a panel to a site like mqtest.io and toggling.

Note: If you've set a panel to something that redirects to a mobile site depending on user agent, like say, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panel , and you click "Show Desktop Version", despite the panel refreshing, it will not immediately switch to the desktop version, because the panel's currently displayed location is still the https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panel URL to which it was previously redirected. You need to now also click the panel's Home button, which is visible only if the panel's title is set to be shown, to take it back to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panel , which will now no longer redirect to the mobile site.

• @Isildur:

If you secondary-click a particular web panel's icon, there's an option to toggle "Show [Desktop|Mobile] Version", although that currently only changes the user agent string, not the screen width reported to the panel's CSS (or any other CSS media features which sites may use to determine how they want to show content). You can conveniently test this by setting a panel to a site like mqtest.io and toggling.

Awesome, that's waht i was looking for. You solved my problem.

• @thalskarth:

@Isildur:

Awesome, that's waht i was looking for. You solved my problem.

Great. =)

Since secondary clicking there isn't obvious, perhaps there should be a gear or "⋮" button on the web panel's title bar (next to the panel's Home button) that drops down these options. However, it would be hidden along with the panel title if you hide the title bar, so perhaps if a user hides the title bar by clicking on the option in a dropdown menu from the proposed ⚙ or ⋮ button, a dismissible tooltip pointing to the panel's icon should appear saying "Should you ever need to reenable the title bar, or alter other the web panel's other settings, that can be done by secondary-clicking here".

Also, perhaps one should be able to modify the panel's URL. Currently, to do the equivalent, one has to make a new web panel and remove the old one.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.