Vivladi "loses" ability to be default browser

• I set Vivaldi as the default browser in Win 7 Pro x64 when it was installed. It shows as the default browser in the Vivaldi settings. However, after a few days, it ceases to open when a link to the web is clicked in some other program or in Windows itself. In order to get it to function as the default browser, I have to uninstall and reinstall it. I am using the latest version of Vivaldi. Any suggestions would be welcome.

• Does Vivaldi run ok when you start the program directly, not through clicking a link?

I'm having an issue with the latest version (490.43 32bit) suddenly not starting up at all without any error logs (that I can find) in the windows event viewer. But it runs fine on another windows10 account. It was installed on a clean install of windows today and ran fine for a few times. No Vivaldi processes are found in the task manager so it doesn't seem to be the same issue as the "one time browser" thread.

The browser was also just updated today so I'm wondering if that had anything to do with it because the previous version ran fine for a month with practically the same bunch of apps/antivirus on a test bed before I did the clean install.

Edit-
    Argggh my problem is caused by the scriptsafe extension which breaks vivaldi.

• Hi vbop. Thanks for replying to my question.

I am also using the latest version (1.3.534.3). To answer your question, yes, I was able to run Vivaldi normally. But if I clicked on a link when Vivaldi was not running, nothing would happen. As Vivaldi is defined as the default browser, none of the others I have available on the computer (IE, Opera, Firefox, Pale Moon Chrome) would start either.

Since I have keyboard shortcuts set up to log onto sites that I access frequently, I would simply open one of the others, and define it as the default browser until I had the time do to the uninstall and reinstall of Vivaldi. Being one who tires easily of this sort of thing, in spite of the many fine features of Vivaldi, I would be likely to abandon it fairly quickly. :evil:

You may have to go into default programs and make sure that Vivaldi has all its defaults.

• @PeterDr:

Hi vbop. Thanks for replying to my question.
    I am also using the latest version (1.3.534.3). To answer your question, yes, I was able to run Vivaldi normally. But if I clicked on a link when Vivaldi was not running, nothing would happen. As Vivaldi is defined as the default browser, none of the others I have available on the computer (IE, Opera, Firefox, Pale Moon Chrome) would start either.
    …....

My non-starting issue was caused by an extension (my edited post above). . Check your settings->default apps by file type as suggested or remove your extensions one by one and see if it helps.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.