1.3.534.3 ate my fonts.

• [color=#8800ff]Well, not a single other user seems to have reported this, but for me this new SS has been visually nasty [Linux only (2 separate PCs); is fine in Win10]. Unless someone knows a simple quick fix for this font mess, i fear i'll need to create a brand new profile, then re-customise it fully again, [i][b]for the umpteenth time[/b][/i]. Oh exasperation, there goes the arvo, once more. I sure hope once i get to the other side of this [i]repeat[/i] mountain, i find some great new things in this SS to justify the pain. ....................................................................................... My on-SSD OS = Linux Mint x64 17.3 KDE 4.14.2.[/color] [attachment=4059]Buggeredfonts1_20160712_13:15:13.png[/attachment] [attachment=4060]Buggeredfonts2_20160712_13:17:30.png[/attachment] Attachments: [img]https://forum.vivaldi.net/uploads/attachments/26803/Buggeredfonts1_20160712_13:15:13.png[/img],[img]https://forum.vivaldi.net/uploads/attachments/26803/Buggeredfonts2_20160712_13:17:30.png[/img]

• Thank you Steffie, for calling my attention to this new snapshot!

My desktop environment at the moment is Mate on Devuan Jessie. I didn't change any font but in system settings - appearance - font - application fonts there are 40 fonts to choose from. In KDE on Mint there should be a similar or even greater number of choices. Did you try different fonts already? May be it's easier to get used to a new font than to rebuild a whole profile.

• Hiya RJules3 :P

I've now tried the latest SS in multiple VMs [[i]but not yet in my primary Mint KDE OS, which is still at 1.3.519.23 (Developer Build) dev (64-bit)] on my Tower, & last night in my Lappy's real Mint KDE OS. The fonts have been buggered in all of them. In a couple of them i tried changing the default font within V's Settings, but it didn't help. Just now, on Tower, in its Mint 17.3 KDE VM [~same config settings as my real OS; used as a testbed before committing new stuff / big changes on my real OS] i changed the KDE system font as you suggested. After restarting V, its buggered fonts were still buggered.

Just now, in a Mint Mate 17.3 VM i completely removed an old V SS, then did a clean install of the latest V SS, then browsed to the V Blog, & to Wikipedia… both of which display tickety-boo, ie, the latest SS is not inherently stuffed, thus it must be what i suspected from the outset... Chrome52 hates my existing profile. Many of us have played this game before, haven't we; i shudder every time there's a new complete-version update of Chrome, as it breaks so many things. Still, my whingeing aside, i'm not interested in retreating to the Stable build; i want all my latest SS goodies, teehee!!

Now to begin building my clean profile... again. Yay, such fun.

• UPDATE – Haha, too funny! I discovered, entirely by accident, exactly what Chrome52 had broken re the fonts, after which the workaround was easy! In Settings - Webpages - Fonts - Default Fonts, for a long time i have used a fairly exotic font for V's Sans-serif choice; Padauk. That's the one that C52 broke. Simply selecting another now (Ubuntu Condensed], made all those broken webpages work properly again. Who'd a thunk it? Phew!

• @Steffie:

… Haha, too funny! ... made all those broken webpages work properly again. ...

Glad to hear you solved the problem!

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.