Windows opening on wrong monitor (e.g., Vivaldi Settings)

• This probably isn't the right place to ask a technical question like this, but it is somewhat Vivaldi-related, so I'll try here first. I'm basically a Linux noob. I've figured out some stuff, but I've mostly used Windows. I'm currently running Mint 18 as a dual-boot. I have a dual-monitor set up, with the monitor on the right side set as the primary monitor. I often leave my left monitor turned off unless I need it. Most windows open on the right (primary) monitor. Many programs do not - they open on the left monitor. Vivaldi is one example. If I run Vivaldi, the browser opens on the right (primary) monitor. However, when I open the 'Settings' as a window, the Settings window opens on the left (secondary) monitor. I found this link: http://segfault.linuxmint.com/2015/08/configuring-the-mdm-login-screen-for-multiple-monitors/ which suggests using 'mdmsetup' to select a Primary monitor. When I try, the Primary monitor dropdown box has no options, it's completely blank. That page has additional suggestions, but I was hesitant to try at this point. I wanted to ask a community like this first, since many times when I have Linux issues, I see a bunch of command lines suggested to fix the problem (and often different people suggesting different command lines to accomplish the same thing) but I don't really learn anything from it. Any suggestions? And why would the 'Settings' window in Vivaldi not respect the primary monitor, while the browser itself does?

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.