Google search suggestions are not shown in the URL / Search bars

• First of all i searched for it and seen a lot of posts concerning this issue but all of them are either not helping or closed by forum administrators. After couple of months testing Vivaldi, i really like it, but the only thing that makes me think about going back to Chrome/Firefox is this: When typing a search in the URL bar or Search bar it won't automatically complete or suggest search terms like in Google / Firefox / Chrome. The suggestions work only in other searches (Like DuckDuckGo but i really prefer Google). I'm using 1.2.490.43 version of Vivaldi which is currently the latest. Is there any fix or predicted update that will solve this problem? It really has a huge effect on my browsing habits. Thanks!

• There are a couple of workaround hacks in the forums to force Google to show some search suggestions - not clear to me if it applies to the address bar.

Developers announced they would take care of this right away some months back, but it appears obvious that the fix is much more involved than they anticipated.

• @argamanza:

I'm using 1.2.490.43 version of Vivaldi which is currently the latest.

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/teamblog/125-color-picker-for-themes-add-speed-dial-as-a-homepage-and-more
    Read comments

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.