How do I open links without immediately switching to them?

• Hi all, I've just switched to Vivaldi. I wonder how to prevent the browser from automatically going to a new tab after clicking a link. In other words, after clicking a link I don't want to go to it and, instead, just want it to be opened in a new tab without going there and keep staying on the page i'm currectly reading. Thanks.

• You can either ctrl + click or right click and select open tab in the background. It's annoying but there's your options. Hopefully that in a future update they give us the option to change the way tabs are opened.

• @Artie:

Hi all,

I've just switched to Vivaldi. I wonder how to prevent the browser from automatically going to a new tab after clicking a link. In other words, after clicking a link I don't want to go to it and, instead, just want it to be opened in a new tab without going there and keep staying on the page i'm currectly reading.

Thanks.

The obvious way is the middle button. It works since the stone age in opera and nowadays any tabbed program works this way.

Then you have the mouse gestures, the mac like ctrl+click and the contextual menu

• Oh, wow the middle button does that? I only knew you could close tabs with it.

• @devoepack:

Oh, wow the middle button does that? I only knew you could close tabs with it.

In opera it also opens a new tab (middle button on the tab bar), unfortunately that feature had to be removed from Vivaldi because it blocked the draggable area. :(

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.