Problem opening links when browser is in full screen mode.

• I am having trouble opening links from outside sources such as evernote when the browser is in full-screen mode. When I click the link, it goes to the mac home screen not to the browser. I then have to scroll over to the browser where I find the link has opened. Anyone know how to fix this?

I can confirm the behavior you have described and it does look like a bug to me. I'll check if there is already a report about it and if not, I'll file one. The best workaround for now seems to be to quickly switch away from Vivaldi with Cmd-Tab after you have clicked a link and then back with another Cmd-Tab. That's still a bit annoying, but probably much less so than switching back and forth using the mouse.

Speaking of annoying, I personally find the OS X fullscreen mode really annoying and avoid it at all cost, because I frequently switch between applications and fullscreen mode adds animations to that that are distracting and slow you down. I would therefore encourage everyone to hold down Alt when they click on the little green window button, because then you just maximize the window size but don't enter fullscreen mode at the same time. This is just my personal opinion on fullscreen mode, though, and I do think that it is important for Vivaldi to support it properly.

• This is one of those things that makes Vivaldi seem non ready for prime time. I hope it gets addressed. I'm running the latest snapshot and it's still an issue.

• @NSSynapse said in Problem opening links when browser is in full screen mode.:

I can confirm the behavior you have described and it does look like a bug to me. I'll check if there is already a report about it and if not, I'll file one. The best workaround for now seems to be to quickly switch away from Vivaldi with Cmd-Tab after you have clicked a link and then back with another Cmd-Tab. That's still a bit annoying, but probably much less so than switching back and forth using the mouse.

Speaking of annoying, I personally find the OS X fullscreen mode really annoying and avoid it at all cost, because I frequently switch between applications and fullscreen mode adds animations to that that are distracting and slow you down. I would therefore encourage everyone to hold down Alt when they click on the little green window button, because then you just maximize the window size but don't enter fullscreen mode at the same time. This is just my personal opinion on fullscreen mode, though, and I do think that it is important for Vivaldi to support it properly.

Hi, can we get ETA when this will be fixed? Thank You

@petr.mahdal, I can't give you an ETA, because I'm not involved in prioritization decisions. The bug is internally tracked, though.

• @NSSynapse Thank You. Can we see the backlog/is the backlog somehow published to users?

• @petr.mahdal said in Problem opening links when browser is in full screen mode.:

Can we see the backlog/is the backlog somehow published to users?

No we can't. The complete bug tracking system (which includes feature requests) is closed. We have no real idea of workload or priorities, except that Vivaldi devs are very busy,

Also, there is currently no intention to open it - so don't ask :grin:

• I'm currently experiencing this issue but with the default Mail client app on Mac OS X. When I click on a hyperlink in the mail app, it does not go straight to Vivaldi when Vivaldi is at full screen. Instead it opens the website in the background. It only works correctly when Vivaldi is not set to full screen.

• @mtokeefe93 Still an issue - Vivalid, how about a 'fix' or easy workaround?

• @petr.mahdal Fair point - but, I like full screen mode as it is a way to avoid other windows getting hidden behind a larger window. That's my 2c.

• Every snapshot I read the notes hoping to see this bug fixed. Until then, Vivaldi is a cool browser I want to use full time. Hoping soon.

• I have the same issue with Vivaldi version 1.10.867.42 (Stable channel) (64-bit), however my browser is not in full-screen mode. I'm running it as a regular window on macOS 10.12.5. When I click on a link in programs such as Mailmate I can see Vivaldi become focused on the menubar but it does not change focus of the window located in another space (Desktop 1).

Any progress on this one?

• I'm having a similar issue running 1.10.867.42 on macOS 10.12.15 . My browser is not in fullscreen but in a different macOS space, so links clicked from apps in different spaces does not focus Vivaldi.

Any updates on this? I'm about to change browser...

• I'm waiting for this to be fixed, it's a deal breaker for me. Until than I will stick to my old browser.

• Or maybe someone figured out some workaround?

• Now it opens a new window instead of focusing on the existing one. Is there anyone paying attention to this issue?

Had anyone sent a bugreport about this to Vivaldi?

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.