Child tabs pop up where parent tab used to be long ago

• Hej, The problem : I open several tabs, then I reorder the tabs, dragging this one here and that one there. Now I have that one tab active that is meant to produce child-tabs from - and what happens is these child tabs appear to the right of parent-tab's "original position from back then". aka somewhere far off to the left (!) where I have to search for them among all those tabs with similar look (same domain). Which is annoying as hell. Is there any way / setting that would prevent this ? Or just some [i]"never open new tabs left of active tab"[/i] hidden option somewhere? Please? --------------------- Vivaldi 1.2.490.43 () (32-bit), installed into user-data folder in windows 7 hp tab settings screenshot (90x950) : http://i.imgur.com/Vqwfat3.jpg

• The same happens in V1.3

What if you don't use "Related Tabs" but use "After Active Tab" instead?
    I just did a quick test and it seems to work as you want. But, not sure which setting you want for closing tab Activation.

• Ah, OK, thank you.

This way child tabs at least do not pop up to the left of active tab. Uff!

But it isn't really that desirable - opening several child tabs they end up being in "reverse order" of what I am used to.
    Also opening a "new tab" through "new tab" button will now open an empty tab (speed dial) right there and not to the very right.
    Maybe it takes more getting used to. :|

I wonder may original problem actually be considered a "bug" ?
    After all, actions happen relative to previous/ obsolete tab position, not on current/ actual tab position.

• Yes, currently there is no distinction between "open new (blank) Tab" and "open link in new Tab".
    A new Tab is just a new Tab however it is opened.

@snork:

I wonder may original problem actually be considered a "bug" ?
    After all, actions happen relative to previous/ obsolete tab position, not on current/ actual tab position.

I would think it is.

Go to https://vivaldi.com/bugreport
    You will receive a reply email with the bug number VB-xxxx
    and you can then reply to that with a link to this thread.

However, the bug tracker is only available to Vivaldi and insiders, it is not publicly available. So the only way to know it has been solved is to check each Changelog as it appears.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.