Thank you Vivaldi, and a small question too

• Hello there, new user of the browser and i love it. Sure have some flaws like the start up time(3-5seconds SSD), but is amazing. Exactly what a Power User need to feel comfortable and in control. Things that i love: [ul] [li]Super mod[/li] [li]Keyboardlove(first time i don't need to use a mouse at all)[/li] [li]Color Themes[/li] [li]More things while i keep using it[/li] [/ul Now, i have a small question(or recommendation), Do vivaldi can export or use "users" for diferent PCs? i already share vivaldi with some friends and would really enjoy to go to their PCs and can log in, to have all my config as i have at home(after all, each vivaldi aim to be a little different, for each user). Good luck to the developers, you're doing an amazing work

• Vivaldi Sync is coming soon!

• Hi, I think GaEsRaRe meant single user installation.
    Each user has different configuration.
    Was it not possible on Windows during installation?

Cheers, mib

• @mib2berlin:

Hi, I think GaEsRaRe meant single user installation.
    Each user has different configuration.
    Was it not possible on Windows during installation?

Cheers, mib

@GaEsRaRe:

would really enjoy to go to their PCs and can log in, to have all my config as i have at home

The installation setting for single user/standalone can NOT be used as a portable version - currently Passwords and extensions are platform specific.

• The installer supports Standalone (USB) installations. That's what I use, but I never tried transferring it to another PC.

• yeah, apologize. Not english speaker here so sometimes my grammar or way to write can go really confusing. What i tried to say was "other pcs, with Vivaldi installed, that i could go there, and maybe log in as a guest user , to watch "my vivaldi" config". ´cause i think would be an amazing idea, cause for me, vivaldi strength is about that(mold to the user, not the other way).

But i think that if i can install it on a StandAlone(USB), that would be a solution so far. Of Course would still love that included as an option.

• @GaEsRaRe:

yeah, apologize. Not english speaker here so sometimes my grammar or way to write can go really confusing. What i tried to say was "other pcs, with Vivaldi installed, that i could go there, and maybe log in as a guest user , to watch "my vivaldi" config". ´cause i think would be an amazing idea, cause for me, vivaldi strength is about that(mold to the user, not the other way).

But i think that if i can install it on a StandAlone(USB), that would be a solution so far. Of Course would still love that included as an option.

That would require the synchronise (sync) feature, this is being worked on - but is not available yet.

• @GaEsRaRe:

yeah, … "other pcs, with Vivaldi installed, that i could go there, and maybe log in as a guest user , to watch "my vivaldi" config"..

Though the other respondents are of course correct in the longer term, you most definitely CAN in the meantime copy your profile's Default folder from pc to pc to pc, to move across your personalised aesthetic & functional settings… but do ensure that each installed V instance is the identical version, else unhappy things can occur. Passwords & Extensions won't survive this transfer, but Bookmarks, Notes, History, Web Panels, Sessions, thumbnails, colours & myriad user-settings do.

With respect to Extensions, whilst they'll need to be reinstalled on the subsequent pc's, & all their custom user preference settings recreated, any Extension that saves data [eg, [i]OneTab, Session Buddy] will be "complete" once you've reinstalled the Extension [coz their data lives here; /home/steffie/.config/vivaldi-snapshot/Default/[b]Local Storage/ ].

…....................................................................................
    My on-SSD OS = Linux Mint x64 17.3 KDE 4.14.2.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.