Adding bookmark or speed dial thumbnail doesn't work properly

• I don't know what about you but on my computer the icon for adding bookmark doesn't work at all. So I have to copy the url and add it on the speed dial page manually but... When I add a new site to the speed dial nothing happens. I mean the new site does not show up. I have to use workaround, which is: - use the side panel to change the name - close the speed dial - reopen it to see the changes. Making a new folder makes even more problems. Nothing shows up in the speed dial. I have to use side panel to change the name from the "new folder" to the one I like. But when I copy bookmarks tho that folder no changes show up in the in the speed dial and in the side panel too. That means I have to close everything and reopen it to see the changes. I thing fixing the functionality of the speed dial and bookmarks is the top 1 priority. And why there is no right-click menu item for adding the current site to the speed dial?? Are you working on these things?

You're reporting problems I'm not able to replicate. Could you specify:
    Your version number, and whether 32-bit or 64-bit
    Your platform
    Your extensions, if any.

• Here you are:
    Vivaldi 1.2.490.43 () (32-bit) - latest
    Windows 7 64bit on HP Pavilion 4GB ram
    Extensions: Adblock Plus, Copy as plain text, Hover Zoom, Image collector extension, Weather 1.1.

I've closed and reopened Vivaldi - no change.
    Even now I'm clicking the bookmarks icon and it does nothing and speed dial does not show any change after manually adding a site.

@Martinezz123:

Here you are:
    Vivaldi 1.2.490.43 () (32-bit) - latest
    Windows 7 64bit on HP Pavilion 4GB ram
    Extensions: Adblock Plus, Copy as plain text, Hover Zoom, Image collector extension, Weather 1.1.

I've closed and reopened Vivaldi - no change.
    Even now I'm clicking the bookmarks icon and it does nothing and speed dial does not show any change after manually adding a site.

Sounds as though you ought to refresh your profile.

• I have the exact same problem. Bookmarks can't be saved and it doesn't matter if I use the hotkey or the button. (It works when I rightclick the tab and click "Bookmark tab", though.) But even then, when Bookmarks are open I have to close and re-open the panel to see the changes.

W7 (64-bit)
    Vivaldi 1.2.490.43 () (32-bit)
    Extensions: Adblock

• @Ayespy:

Sounds as though you ought to refresh your profile.

And… how to do it?

Your profile path is indicated in Menu/Help/About. Close Vivaldi, go there, and re-name the "Default" folder. Open Vivaldi again and make sure it's working right. If so, move your critical data files from the old re-named Default folder to the new one Vivaldi made when you re-opened it. Re-set your visual settings and preferences, install any extensions you want, newly, making sure the browser is still working correctly after each extension is installed.

VB-18353

Export bookmarks, close Vivaldi, (backup and) delete Bookmarks file from User Data\Default, start Vivaldi, import bookmarks

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.