Installation to custom directory does not work

• Hello. I just tried to install the Vivaldi TP 1.0.83.38 Win "for all users" to a custom directory; but the result was that the vivaldi.exe ended still in "C:\Program files (x86)\Vivaldi\Application". With the twist that the desktop link contained the custom path only in the "Execute in" field, which doesn't work as expected, of course, because a subdirectory "Vivaldi\Application" was not created there.

• You don't state your OS, but I guess it is 64-bit Microsoft something looking at your path.

I installed to D:\webutils\Vivaldi\ without hassles on a Win7 Pro x64 box.

How, exactly, did you enter the path? Did you Browse for it? Or type it manually?

• OK, step by step…

Windows 7 SP1 64 bit, german

[ul]

• Installer started
    • Switched to Advanced mode
    • Selected "Install for all users" (Destination folder changes to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Vivaldi")
    • Edited Destination folder to "E:\Programme\Vivaldi" by typing
    • Accept and Install
      [/ul]

Desktop icon contains:

Target = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Vivaldi\Application\vivaldi.exe"
    Execute in = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Vivaldi\Application"

So, typing in a custom path (without selecting it in another dialog) is ignored.

Running the installer again…

[ul]

• Installer started
    • "Install for all users" is selected; Destination folder contains "E:\Programme\Vivaldi"
    • Accept and Install
      [/ul]

Vivaldi is again installed to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Vivaldi". Same desktop icon.

Running the installer again…

[ul]

• Installer started
    • "Install for all users" is selected; clicking "Browse"
    • Select "E:\Programme", create a new folder "Vivaldi", and select again "E:\Programme\Vivaldi" to make certain
    • Accept and Install
      [/ul]

Vivaldi is again installed to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Vivaldi". Same desktop icon. "E:\Programme\Vivaldi" stays empty.

• I can confirm this. I have Win 7 x64.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.