Vivaldi Feature Requests (Continued)

[b][color=#000088]I will be listing some of the more frequent requests immediately below, so that users need not repeat requests that have been made many multiple times. Users may also review the "[url=https://vivaldi.net/forum/all/746-history-of-vivaldi-feature-requests]History of Vivaldi Feature Requests[/url]" topic to get a feel for what other users have been saying since January 2015. Ayespy Frequent requests: 1. Dockable Developer Tools 2. Tree Style Tabs 3. More customizable gestures 4. Persistent content blocking 5. Persistent image control 6. Reader mode 7. Speed Dial - greater control of thumbnail sizes and number of columns 8. Speed Dial - custom thumbnail images 9. Drag tab to new/different window 10. History Panel 11. Ability to position ALL bars in ALL positions relative to the web content, and to each other 13. Vivaldi's own font rendering 14. Re-sizable tab tiles 15. Built-in ad blocking 17. Sync 18. Mail 19. RSS Manager 20. Private/Incognito tabs 21. Movable buttons, add/remove buttons and UI parts 22. Clear private data on exit 23. Full password management/visibility 24. Full autofill management 35. Keyboard shortcuts for speed dials 26. "Confirm to close all tabs" dialog 27. Bookmark menu button on Address Bar. more...[/color][/b]

**I will be listing some of the more frequent requests immediately below, so that users need not repeat requests that have been made many multiple times. Users may also review the "History of Vivaldi Feature Requests" topic to get a feel for what other users have been saying since January 2015.

Ayespy

Frequent requests:
    1. Dockable Developer Tools
    2. Tree Style Tabs
    3. More customizable gestures
    4. Persistent content blocking
    5. Persistent image control
    6. Reader mode
    7. Speed Dial - greater control of thumbnail sizes and number of columns
    8. Speed Dial - custom thumbnail images
    9. Drag tab to new/different window
    10. History Panel
    11. Ability to position ALL bars in ALL positions relative to the web content, and to each other
    13. Vivaldi's own font rendering
    14. Re-sizable tab tiles
    15. Built-in ad blocking
    17. Sync
    18. Mail
    19. RSS Manager
    20. Private/Incognito tabs
    21. Movable buttons, add/remove buttons and UI parts
    22. Clear private data on exit
    23. Full password management/visibility
    24. Full autofill management
    35. Keyboard shortcuts for speed dials
    26. "Confirm to close all tabs" dialog
    27. Bookmark menu button on Address Bar.

more…**

• Right click extension icon on the toolbar - add option "remove extension" and "extension settings"

• Please can we have a 'Last Modified' column for Bookmarks as this gives another option for sorting?

• I use a Multi-Monitor setup and would love to see the feature that allows us to pull a tab out of the browser and drop it on a second screen without opening a second instance of the Vivaldi browser. Just like google Chrome can.

• Keyboard Shortcuts for Extensions
    This is a feature in Chromium, but I realize it does not seem to work in Vivaldi.

• @theovlit:

I use a Multi-Monitor setup and would love to see the feature that allows us to pull a tab out of the browser and drop it on a second screen without opening a second instance of the Vivaldi browser. Just like google Chrome can.

If by "pull a tab", you mean drag and drop, then that is not yet available.
    At the moment, you could use "Move To New Window" in the Tab context menu.

• Could we get emoji support? People are using them all over now and they render as little 'missing character' boxes.

Or if anyone knows a way to fix this (with a font that supports emoji, maybe?) let me know.

• I'd like to see smooth scrolling, mht save to be a standard options inside the settings menu,

Edit- probably suggested earlier but MAFF single file save is a great feature. It uses zip compression which makes it smaller than mht. It won't work for dynamic pages but I don't use MAFF for that.

• @panchenko:

Each snapshot I wait function to create more than 6 columns in speed dial! Every new snapshot I hope :( , but don't understand, why Vivaldi ignore this feature. Why only 6? Why? I need more and I pretty sure not only me.
    Actually maximum 6 columns in speed dial is only one feature that doesn't allow me to make Vivaldi as default browser, so my question for developers:
    How many time we need to wait 10 or more columns in speed dial in future snapshots or stable versions?

+1

6 for Ultra Wide Screen monitor is nothing … =[

Opera
    http://i.imgur.com/3efad1d.jpg

Vivaldi
    http://i.imgur.com/gBJSGUG.jpg

Thanks.

• Right-click in text entry field and have a menu of existing Notes available to paste.

I'd love to see the Notes feature achieve one great thing that was in the old Opera - namely, the ability to right-click any text entry field in the browser - like this one - and have a contextual menu there that lists all your notes in a tree and lets you navigate to one and single-click copy its contents into the text entry field.

You can already mark text and right-click it into a note, but the companion feature of right-clicking stuff out of notes is still missing. It's fantastic for copying in boilerplate or stuff you need to add frequently.

• Not sure if this is in here - I searched a bit but couldn't find it - I'd love to see a user controlled session sandboxing for different use-cases like Firefox is doing:

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/firefox-50-nightly-contextual-identity,32098.html

I use different browsers for my work/personal browsing. I feel this would be a powerful and useful addition to Vivaldi. Who's with me? :)

• A Button/Quickmenu/setting to disable animations (gifs) in webpages!

Old opera had this, and it's badly needed :(

• Vivaldi Translator

Every tab and extension in Chrome browsers is run under a new instance of the browser.
    Replace your task manager with Sysinternals Process Explorer to see all tasks properly.

• Vivaldi Translator

@TurkishCoffee:

Could we get emoji support? People are using them all over now and they render as little 'missing character' boxes.

Or if anyone knows a way to fix this (with a font that supports emoji, maybe?) let me know.

Emoji is something you use in chat boxes and instant messenger clients.
    It does not need specific browser support. Either the chat you use has it or it does not.
    Ask the makers of the chat you are using to support Emojis.

• It would be nice to have an option in settings where we can set which url gets autofilled and not have it go by frequency. Just a list of all the autofills with options to move up or down in priority.

• I have six columns of speed dials in Opera 12.17 on a 1920 x 1080 monitor, which is just about enough, but the difference is I have four rows, so 24 speed dials total (no + icon).

In Vivaldi, I can also fit six columns, but only three rows, so I am limited to three rows.

So, as well as allowing more columns, also adjust the row spacing, reduce the height of the navigation bar, and change the aspect ratio of the thumbnails (255 x 208) in Vivaldi, to something more suitable for a 16:9 monitor like in Opera (305 x 190), and make them resize to fit the window.

@KimmoJ:

You can already mark text and right-click it into a note, but the companion feature of right-clicking stuff out of notes is still missing. It's fantastic for copying in boilerplate or stuff you need to add frequently.

Insert note is already on the Context Menu. The only thing missing is a folder tree. Currently, all of the notes are in a flat list.

[attachment=3934]InsertNote.png[/attachment]
    Attachments:

• Please move 'Search for "<selected text="">" ' on left click contextual menu to the top, just as Chrome has it (just bellow Copy), it is much easier to access it. With it at the bottom I have to scan the menu to locate it and then move the mouse down to click it.

Googling a selected piece of text (i.e. acronym, concept) is something that many of us do, so it would improve productivity if we could have a shortcut for it. E.g ctrl (or alt) + click selected text.

Thank you!

OT: 3rd day using Vivaldi and is incredible! Gestures plus predictable behaviour (cause we can customise it the way we feel comfortable) + same chrome extensions that I'm used to => recipe for success.</selected>

• Thanks for adding my list to yours, Ayespy. Is there a way for you to sticky your post to the top of the thread so everyone sees it before posting their requests?

@D0J0P:

Thanks for adding my list to yours, Ayespy. Is there a way for you to sticky your post to the top of the thread so everyone sees it before posting their requests?

Done. I couldn't pin the original post, so I imported an earlier one and edited it.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.