Reorder extension icons

• It wasn`t possible in Opera and here either. Can you make right click >>> customize tab ? I would like to be able to customize it and move the icons the way I want. Thanks [img]http://i.imgur.com/ajG73sN.jpg[/img]

• Moving is not possible yet (I'm pretty sure will come).
    You can as workaround, try to disable/enable extensions in the order you desider, but I'm not sure it's persistent in that way.

• Thanks.

I think I will wait for time being. It`s not priority, but it would be good to have implemented soon :)

• Yes this feature is in our pipeline but we can't share any eta yet. Thanks for being patient with us! :)

• As a temporary workaround for this in 1.6, download SimpleExtManager:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/simpleextmanager/kniehgiejgnnpgojkdhhjbgbllnfkfdk?hl=en-US

Disable all your extensions. Then, toggle them on one-by-one in the other you want them to appear on the toolbar.

In 1.7, with "Toggle Extensions Visibility" this no longer works though. Every time you use the toggle, it resets all your extensions in some pre-determined order I can't figure out. Maybe the order the extensions were installed?

• Vivaldi Translator

Geeky alternative work around
    (Vivaldi SHOULD not running)
    Edit a copy of Vivaldi Preferences file
    Find list like this:
    (Mind you, this from my Vivaldi snapshot)

"last_chrome_version": "56.0.2924.59",
      "toolbar": [
        "bcdjhkphgmiapajkphennjfgoehpodpk",
        "bfbameneiokkgbdmiekhjnmfkcnldhhm",
        "bkkbcggnhapdmkeljlodobbkopceiche",
        "cacfnookefkldifaigjdedpophfjkjeh",
        ]

Edit, sort, throw, wipe, burn it, whatever to your heart content.
    You could paste the edited list to your original Preference file after you're done.

While its a text file, the Preference file is unwrapped line in JSON file.
    You probably need JSON editor. There are some in Chrome Webstore as extensions or apps. Ex: JSON-handle & JSON Editor.

I'm on Linux/Debian sid amd64, so the tools I use are;

• aeson-pretty Make the JSON file Printer/Human friendly.
    • Any text editor.

• @dLeon said in Reorder extension icons:

Edit, sort, throw, wipe, burn it, whatever to your heart content.
    You could paste the edited list to your original Preference file after you're done.

@dLeon, is it persistent? After you edit the file there, if you re-order them again or use the "Toggle Extensions Visibility" button, do they go back to your preferred order?

• Vivaldi Translator

@cecoates
    Relatively yes. "Toggle Extensions Visibility" doesn't matter.
    As far I use this method, I only see the ID got move to bottom order when the extension got updated, like it's a new extension ID.

There's a catch:
    Extension like uBlock0 has import settings from file. In Vivaldi, the icon will move to last column after we're importing. It back to our sorted/edited position when we restart Vivaldi.

The nice part:
    Related to above; "Toggle Extensions Visibility" will fix it to our preferred sort/edited order again. :grin:
    No need to restart.

As mentioned; it's an (alternative) work around.
    Good enough for me until this got handled on Vivaldi.

• @dLeon I gave your trick a try. No joy! Maybe it's the latest snapshot, but Vivaldi ignores the order I arranged in the Preferences file.

• Vivaldi Translator

@cecoates
    Argh, darn it, you're right.
    This method work on Opera instead. I gave you wrong direction, sorry.
    We'll need to seek other method now.

• I see the Vivaldi team said this feature is in the pipeline. In regards to this, I would also like the ability to move the icons to the left side of the address bar.

• @SomethingNew said in Reorder extension icons:

I would also like the ability to move the icons to the left side of the address bar.

It was asked also that ;)
    Probably will come a bit after the reordering buttons...

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.