Huge size of .Config/Vivaldi

• I noticed my "home directory was filling up and lookrd for culprits. Vivaldi is one of them. I found that .Config/Vivaldi was very big (over a gig) with Default/File System using almost all the space. What is this "File System" for? May I delete this stuff? Would it be possible to link it some other place?

• FYI:

/home/steffie/.config/vivaldi-snapshot/Default/File System = 55.1 kB; 25 files, 10 sub-folders.

Maybe you should try this: close V, move your "File System" folder out of .config to a temporary holding folder, relaunch V, observe if it then creates a fresh copy of that folder, check its size.

…....................................................................................
    My on-SSD OS = Linux Mint x64 17.3 KDE 4.14.2.
    Vivaldi = 1.3.501.6 (Developer Build) dev (64-bit).

• Hi, this is way to big.
    My folder is 150 MB but I had clean cache yesterday, was 170MB in cache.
    You can start Vivaldi with "–user-data-dir=" switch to change location.
    You loose your settings but you can copy setup files to new location.
    For me most important is the bookmark file, other settings need mostly a few minutes.
    Btw. I use Snapshot 1.3.501.6. on Opensuse Tumbleweed 64.

Cheers, mib
    EDIT: I don´t have a File System folder on my system and never had on any Suse Linux.

• That's interesting. On my Devuan Ascii (xfce desktop environment) with Vivaldi 1.3.501.6 (Developer Build) dev (64-bit) a folder 'File System' doesn't even exist.

[attachment=3904]DefaultFolderVivaldi2016-06-18_13-14-57.png[/attachment]

The good thing: I don't feel like I am missing something in Vivaldi. :)
    Attachments:

• After quick googling: "Chrome (and Chromium) use the folder to store files stored with the help of the File System API which is part of HTML5." (Source)

• Thank you all for your answers.

@Steffie: I followed your suggestion and the result is that so far, Vivaldi works as usual and the "File System" folder was not recreated.

@kumiponi: this seems to be used for reading local files. However I haven't seen a way to browse localy with Vivaldi (I do use konqueror as a file browser but there is no link). Anyway thanks for this information.

• @tcoulon:

this seems to be used for reading local files. However I haven't seen a way to browse localy with Vivaldi

The files are local in the sense that the File System directory is a sandboxed "file system" for use by web apps. At some point you have maybe installed an extension from the Chrome Web Store and it has written a lot of data to that virtual file system.

If you really want to see the contents of your hard drive in Vivaldi, you can type / (the slash character alone) in the address bar.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.