Why does Vivaldi autocomplete have a one-character tolerance?

• Why do we need a tolerance at all? I hate it! Let me explain: If you have a bookmark set for, say, "The Northeast Video Hunter", and you type "The ", it will autocomplete to the title line of the bookmark you have set. Fine. If you then, however, type a 5, it will [i]still[/i] autocomplete to the bookmark. You'd need to type another character to clear the field. Who thought this was a good idea? Stop holding my hand, you're just making me search nonsense. [img]https://i.imgur.com/PZXgkcw.png[/img]

• I am having trouble reproducing this. Maybe you already have tried to go to a URL with a typo in it?

Open the drop list, highlight the erroneous URL and click the x on the extreme right to delete it from the list.

• While I appreciate your attempt to reproduce this, you can clearly see from the image that that is not the case.
    The issue appears only when loading the title of a bookmark.
    Here is a video showing the issue: http://webm.land/media/nVGF.webm

• If I add the bookmark, then I can reproduce it, otherwise not with my own bookmarks.

For example: I have a bookmark "affinity.serif.com/en-gb/windows/"

If I type Affo it does not autocomplete.

There's obviously a bug there, but it's not anything to do with some supposed "tolerance" of typos.

• Permit a moment for the autocomplete to appear before entering an incorrect character.
    It may be a bug or a feature; only the devs can say.

• @5eagull:

Permit a moment for the autocomplete to appear before entering an incorrect character.
    It may be a bug or a feature; only the devs can say.

It does not matter how long I wait, autocomplete only appears on some letters, not on others.

I have a bookmark to a YouTube clip on "The Moral Side of Murder."

If I type "the n" then it autocompletes to "The noral Side of Murder" and pressing enter doesn't go to the YouTube Clip, but just does a Google search.

So, I am convinced that it's a bug with the letter "n" and definitely not a feature. It would be a pretty unworkable feature since many words differ by just one letter.

• I don't believe it's a bug with any particular letter; you can see I was able to trigger it with numbers.
    In unrelated news, having seen your bookmarks, please remind me never to get on your nerves.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.