Bookmark interface

• Hi Vivaldi forum, I have a request for the bookmark interface: 1. browser to open a page in background when open in a new tab 2. in spite of switching back and forth tabs, browser to remember the position in a page for a specific tab. If Vivaldi already have such feature and I just do not know how to set at the setting, please let me know. I have attached a jpg to visually explain the above for your quick reference. Thank you for your kind attention always. Sincerely yours, decamelon Attachments: [img]https://forum.vivaldi.net/uploads/attachments/74780/bookmark0001.jpg[/img],[img]https://forum.vivaldi.net/uploads/attachments/74780/bookmark0002.jpg[/img]

• [ol]

• To open a bookmark in the background tab, use middle-click, or right-click, open in background tab
    • This already happens, both with Tab switching and History back/forward
      [/ol]

• Thank you very much for your input always.

The middle clicking for opening in the background tab is cool, and I should have also noticed the context menu for it.

For #2, could you elaborate on that? I have checked the setting for the tab, but I couldn't locate where exactly.

I appreciate your kind input.

Sincerely yours,
    dacamelon

• There is no setting for number 2. That is the default behaviour. When you switch tabs, using Ctrl Tab, or whatever method, the previous tab retains its scrolled position.

• Hi.

Thank you for your quick and kind reply.

The scrolled position for normal webpages are as you mentioned above as default.
    However, it is not for the bookmark tab.
    When I switch the bookmark tab to other tabs and back on,
    the bookmark is displayed from the first line even when I was at the bottom of the bookmark before.

Is it just for me?

Sincerely yours,
    decamelon

• @decamelon:

When I switch the bookmark tab to other tabs and back on,
    the bookmark is displayed from the first line even when I was at the bottom of the bookmark before.

I think it may be just you. Both the Bookmarks Tab (Ctrl B ) and the Bookmarks Panel remember the selected bookmark for me when I switch to other tabs and back again. And if I switch to other applications and back again with Alt + Tab.

Latest 32-bit snapshot on Windows 64-bit

• Hi Pesala,

Thank you for your time for testing.
    I see it is just for me…
    Bookmark Panel does remember for me too and
    it actually stay opened regardless of the tab swapping.

I would open as many as bookmarks at once
    so that I do not need come back to bookmark often; )

Thank you for your kind input.

Sincerely yours,
    decamelon

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.