Picture in picture mode

• I love the feature to split a tab in half. I use it all the time when i`m watching a video, but whenever i switch to another tab the video disappears (obviously). I would like a feature to "lock" one of the halfs in place, and then continue browsing in the other half. That way i can continue watching the movie even if i need to change tabs. The best solution would be an picture-in-picture like feature like on the iPad. Then whenever you launch a video in "regional-fullscreen" (fullscreen when the tab is divided), like Netflix or YouTube, you would get the option to detach the "tab" and place it in a corner. That way you can use the entire screen to browse the web, instead of loosing half of your screen area to a "locked tab". I really think this could be a killer feature, if done properly.

Try my YouTube panel

[ol]

• Open the link
    • Right-click and add as a web panel
    • If it works for you, edit the source to add different videos or channels and add that as a panel instead
      [/ol]

• Apparently Apple has already done what i meant. Any chance you can bring it to Vivaldi/cross platform?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B77GSqmD6YQ&t=43m27s

I am not going to watch a long video to see what you mean.

If you mean a video window that's always on top, then I think it's unlikely to happen, at least not any time soon. The panel solution is pretty flexible.

Open any video and add it as a panel. Remove the panel when you have finished watching it.

• Is one minute really too much to ask?

@tobiasht:

Is one minute really too much to ask?

The video is 1 hour and 15 minutes long. You could describe the feature in a few words, or post a screen shot. It's also possible to link to a particular moment in a YouTube video,

• @tobiasht:

I love the feature to split a tab in half. I use it all the time when i`m watching a video, but whenever i switch to another tab the video disappears (obviously). I would like a feature to "lock" one of the halfs in place, and then continue browsing in the other half. That way i can continue watching the movie even if i need to change tabs.(snip)

Why not just move the video Tab to a new window?
    Then you could resize it as required and keep it visible.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.