Tab Cycling from left to right fails miserably (when not under clean installation)

• When cycling between tabs with CTRL+1/2 proper order is not preserved. It should go one by one from right to left, but it skips and then returns. See for yourselves: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcw6v3Ajp8s Version: 1.3.501.6 (Developer Build) (32-bit)

• I suspect that you failed miserably to look in settings, or at least did not find Cycle in Tab Bar Order under Tabs, Tab Features.

• I suspect so… ;)
    Attachments:

• If it's working for you now, you can edit your first post to fix the title and select the Green Tick icon. If it's still not working, tell us more.

• No, no, I only showed that this option is selected already.
    Do you claim it works without any problems for you? If so, maybe I should try to recreate my session, because it was created probably before this option had come to Vivaldi

• I have just copied my session tab by tab to new clean Vivaldi and you are right. Everything seems to be working OK.

• osmin, some observations, & a comment.

1. You are a new member.
    2. Your post had an unnecessarily aggressive / combative tone.
    3. Pesala helped you.
    4. You offered no explicit acknowledgement of your error, & worst of all you offered NO thanks that a senior member here efficiently solved your problem.

Some might call such behaviour… rude. Some members here in future might be disinclined to help a rude newbie.

• @Steffie:

osmin, some observations, & a comment.

1. You are a new member.
    Member - yes; user - no. I have been using Opera since version 6, which makes me a veteran, not newbie.

Perhaps, I resented the suggestion that I haven't looked into Tab settings section.

3. Pesala helped you.
    4. You offered no explicit acknowledgement of your error, & worst of all you offered NO thanks that a senior member here efficiently solved your problem.

Some might call such behaviour… rude. Some members here in future might be disinclined to help a rude newbie.

Well, I mostly meant my post to be a bug report. In the old Opera forum other users would say "confirmed" or "cannot confirm" - we didn't have it in here. And the "solution" was really coming from me (if copying session tab by tab one can call a solution).
    Come to think of it, Develpers at Vivaldi should look into this problem. Because this option should mean certain behaviour no matter what. I attached problematic session to this post (I wonder if forum would accept 1,1MB attachment).
    http://www94.zippyshare.com/v/dvWYgv2w/file.html

• @osmin:

I have been using Opera since version 6, which makes me a veteran, not newbie.

Perhaps, I resented the suggestion that I haven't looked into Tab settings section.

A veteran should know better. Thinking you to be a newbie, I did give you the benefit of the doubt that you had looked in settings, but just failed to find the right settings. It's easy to miss the option as there are a lot. I did tell you exactly where to find it.

I suspect that you failed miserably to look in settings, or at least did not find Cycle in Tab Bar Order under Tabs, Tab Features.

You can report bugs on the Bug Report Wizard

The free file sharing site sucks, as many of them do. All it does is show advertisements, and download links for PUPs, but the download link never seems to appear. Try WikiSend next time. No hassle at all in my experience.

Again, a veteran user should know how to share files without giving trouble to others. Dropbox is better for large files. Wikisend is good for 100 Mbytes, for up to 7 days.

• @Pesala:

I did tell you exactly where to find it.

But as you can check with the session I attached, it doesn't work.

You can report bugs on the Bug Report Wizard

I always like to have someone confirm the problem first?

The free file sharing site sucks, as many of them do. All it does is show advertisements, and download links for PUPs, but the download link never seems to appear.

I understand now. Although they do not deceive on zippyshare. I was able to immediately spot proper download link.

Again, a veteran user should know how to share files without giving trouble to others.

Veteran doesn't know that it causes problems because when using old Opera 12 with ScriptWeeder, this site is absolutely hassle free. No ads, no nothing. I was kind of wondering what their business model is. Now I see.

Dropbox is better for large files. Wikisend is good for 100 Mbytes, for up to 7 days.

Does dropbox accept uploads without logon?

Wikisend link: http://wikisend.com/download/533806/testsession.bin

• @osmin:

But as you can check with the session I attached, it doesn't work.

Where do I save the *.bin file? I downloaded it easily enough.

@osmin:

I always like to have someone confirm the problem first?

Always worth doing, even if you are pretty sure that there's a bug. It's easy to miss something.

@osmin:

Does dropbox accept uploads without logon?

I just copy my backups to Dropbox but to share files you have to log in to your account to give permissions. Those that you're sharing with don't need a Dropbox account.

• @Pesala:

Where do I save the *.bin file? I downloaded it easily enough.

VIVALDI_DIR\User Data\Default\Sessions\ (for standalone installation; probably profile dir in normal installation)
    If you didn't save session files for yourself, you may have to create this dir.

I just copy my backups to Dropbox but to share files you have to log in to your account to give permissions. Those that you're sharing with don't need a Dropbox account.

I probably should have created such account, even though for such single activity it seems kind of pointless.

• [ol]

• I closed the tabs that were out of order
    • After closing all of the out-of-order tabs, I reopened them from Trash
      [/ol]
      That seems to fix the session. If it's a bug, it may be hard figuring out how the session file got corrupted.

• I use tab cycling a lot and can confirm that there are some bugs there. Unfortunately I'm unable to reproduce any of them, they seem to happen randomly.
    I'm cycling in Recently Used Order with RMB+scroll & in Tab Order when hovering over tab bar.

• I am getting somewhat more confused. I just remembered that we have two groups of shortcuts - "Next/Previous Tab" & "Next/Previous Tab (recent)". So I think option to cycle in particular order shouldn't matter here.

I tried to recreate problems by reactivating Cycling in recently used order. It seems that my problem is "legacy" one - I was unable to recreate it even with "recently used order" option.
    Perhaps we should forget about this problem… :)

• @osmin:

Perhaps we should forget about this problem… :)

That would be my instinct too. Just keep an eye out to see if it resurfaces in later versions.

• It's hard to reproduce indeed; I have a feeling that it occurs when a page is still loading. When cycling the tabs, it seems that this loading page is being skipped sometimes.

• I think I found a way to reproduce this bug. One should simply CTRL + Click a link from inside Tab Stack. The new tab is placed outside the stack, but circulation counts it (I think) as it was inside the stack.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.