Opening new tabs

• It would be nice if there were options to: - [b]open new tabs[/b] by clicking on the window with the [b]middle mouse button[/b]; - [b]remove the + button[/b] standing next to the tabs.

• thethiing wrote:

_It would be nice if there were options to:

• open new tabs by clicking on the window with the middle mouse button;_

That used to be the case but was removed to implement some other request many versions ago. The Vivaldi team blog said it would return so I guess it's a matter of waiting.

• If I remember rightly, the default for mouse GestureDown is to open a new tab.

Right-click, drag down is surely no harder than middle-click? You can also assign your own gestures, and middle-click on a link to open a new background tab.

More commands options will come in due course, but it's best to look for workarounds while we're waiting.

• @Pesala:

If I remember rightly, the default for mouse GestureDown is to open a new tab.

Right-click, drag down is surely no harder than middle-click? You can also assign your own gestures, and middle-click on a link to open a new background tab.

More commands options will come in due course, but it's best to look for workarounds while we're waiting.

Yes, I know :)
    But I think that you didn't understand what I was saying… I said that I'd like to see in Vivaldi the option to open tabs by clicking with the middle mouse button right next to the tabs on the top of the window, not on the page. :)

• It would help if you say what you want, rather than something else entirely. “Clicking on the Window” is not the same as “Clicking on the tab bar.”

Do you want just to open a new speed dial, or like in Opera 12.17, to paste and go with the clipboard contents in a new tab? That is much more useful IMO.

• Sorry, my fault.

I want to open a new speed dial.

• @thethiing:

Sorry, my fault.

This feature, new tab from middle-click on tab bar, (as well as double-click on tab bar creates a new tab) works if tabs are at the side of the browser rather than the top. If tabs are at the top, then double-click resizes the browser in Windows (and I think both re-sizes AND creates a new tab in OS X). So the function is inconsistent. The developers know it, but haven't gotten it fixed yet. It's been a kind of durable bug while they work on other things.

• @thethiing:

Sorry, my fault.

try this https://vivaldi.net/en-US/forum/all/8453-bundle-js-modding

• @thethiing:

• open new tabs by clicking on the window with the middle mouse button;

+1
    I'm waiting for this feature.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.