Popup Windows and Size

• I currently downloaded and am trying out Vivaldi. I am impressed with the speed and the look of the browser. I am an application developer and one of my applications uses Popup windows from the browser to give the effect of a Multiple Document Interface. I also control the size of those popup windows. My users love the environment and how that works, but it seems that all popup windows in the Vivaldi browser will open up in a new tab only. I also try to resize the screen if someone tries to make the window smaller than a certain size to maintain the users experience. Is there a way to turn Popups to open in their own window and that they will resize properly or is this something you have removed from this browser? Thanks, Cory Jorgensen Bitco Software

• @bitcosoftware:

Is there a way to turn Popups to open in their own window and that they will resize properly or is this something you have removed from this browser?

It hasn't been removed - it just has not been implemented yet.
    Has been mentioned/requested before and I expect it will be done (but no ETA).

• @TbGbe:

@bitcosoftware:

Is there a way to turn Popups to open in their own window and that they will resize properly or is this something you have removed from this browser?

It hasn't been removed - it just has not been implemented yet.
    Has been mentioned/requested before and I expect it will be done (but no ETA).

I tried using Vivaldi with OTRS. Works impressive fast against other browsers, but same problem: Popup windows required. (not new, I know, but…).

UPDATE: Current version (1.2.490.43 () (64-Bit)) now opens OTRS-Popups in Tabs. Maybe I simply overlooked the „allow Popups“ symbol in the previous version :blush:

Basically, it does not really matter, if OTRS opens in another TAB. But in some cases there is no tab opened (Popup open by javascript). OTRS "believes", that a windows was opened, but this did not happen (reply with answer type). "Nothing" is too less for usage.

I hope this is fixed soon, because I´d like to use Vivaldi in any case of web access.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.