Request: Bring back the classic Opera Create/Add Bookmark shortcut functionality

• How difficult is it to make the Create Bookmark shortcut (e.g. CMD+D) directly create a bookmark into the [b]active/selected[/b] (sub)folder at the Bookmarks panel, as in the good old classic Opera ? Drag and dropping the URL into the panel is not fast or precise enough and selecting from a long expanded hierarchical tree where you typically have to scroll is a PITA. I am afraid that Vivaldi panel is still broken at too many places (e.g. regarding [url=https://vivaldi.net/en-US/forum/vivaldi-browser-for-mac/9590-respect-os-file-associations-for-pdf-files-in-downloads-panel]handling MIME associations with downloaded PDFs[/url], making working with PDFs impractical for a research scholar, absence of an "Open With" option in Downloads Panel, etc), which just reminds me why I have hated Chrome all these years and stayed with Opera 11 for too long, until the new (non) standard web author practices made it obsolete.

• [ol]

• That doesn't work for me in Opera 12.17. Add bookmark opens a dialogue, where I have to browse to select a folder. Maybe something changed since Opera 11? However, I am sure it could be done in Vivaldi one day. Meanwhile, in Vivaldi, if you type the first letter of the folder name, it will save some scrolling. I also found that the next time I added a bookmark the previous folder was preselected, so maybe your Feature Request already exists?
    • I want to see MIME types too, so that I can download different file types to different locations. If you want to open PDF files in a viewer, disable the PDF viewer (Tools, Plugins), and double-click the PDF in the download panel to open it in your default PDF viewer.
      [/ol]

[attachment=3789]DisableChromPDFPlugin.png[/attachment]
    [attachment=3790]LocateFolder.png[/attachment]
    [attachment=3791]FoundFolder.png[/attachment]
    Attachments:

• @Pesala:

[ol]

• That doesn't work for me in Opera 12.17. Add bookmark opens a dialogue, where I have to browse to select a folder. Maybe something changed since Opera 11? However, I am sure it could be done in Vivaldi one day. Meanwhile, in Vivaldi, if you type the first letter of the folder name, it will save some scrolling. I also found that the next time I added a bookmark the previous folder was preselected, so maybe your Feature Request already exists?
      [/ol]

This doesn't work for me as I have a highly hierarchical (and long) bookmarks tree where some subfolders even have the same name.

By the way, they (stupidly) changed the default behaviour in Opera even before v11, among many other stupid things, in order to attract switchers from worse browsers who had been accustomed to inefficient metaphors/shortcuts etc, but the functionality is still there. You go to Preferences -> Shortcuts and you edit your selected keyboard setup (or create a new one), changing the action from "Add to bookmarks, 1" (which opens a dialog suggesting to save the bookmark in the root folder) to "Add to bookmarks" (which opens a dialog but now suggesting to save the bookmark in the selected folder).

• @gorg:

You go to Preferences -> Shortcuts and you edit your selected keyboard setup (or create a new one), changing the action from "Add to bookmarks, 1" (which opens a dialog suggesting to save the bookmark in the root folder) to "Add to bookmarks" (which opens a dialog but now suggesting to save the bookmark in the selected folder).

Opera 12.17 is amazingly customisable. I have this shortcut, which expands the details on the dialogue.

Add to bookmarks, 1 & Focus next widget & Focus next widget & Focus next widget & Click button & Delay, 100 & Focus next widget & Focus next widget & Focus next widget & Range go to start

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.