Videos at full30.com

• Working on moving away from google etc and I am really liking Vivaldi. One of the sites I like full30.com does not work though and that's a bummer. The videos play the audio but not video. I have the latest Flash PPAPI installed and working, running Vivaldi 1.2.490.39 32bit on Windows 10. I have adblock plus and lastpass extensions installed but tried the site with them disabled with no joy. Youtube works fine. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it or is the way the wrote the code simply not compatible? Thanks

• @Scarnag:

One of the sites I like full30.com does not work though and that's a bummer. The videos play the audio but not video. I have the latest Flash PPAPI installed and working, running Vivaldi 1.2.490.39 32bit on Windows 10.

Same config (Win 10 Pro 64; Vivaldi 1.2.490.39 (32-bit); Flash PPAPI 21.0.0.242) the most viewed "Grabbing the Slide" & "Mud Test" both work for me.
    @Scarnag:

I have adblock plus and lastpass extensions installed but tried the site with them disabled with no joy.

I don't have either extension ( I do have Adguard and Ghostery - no disabling needed).

@Scarnag:

Youtube works fine. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it or is the way the wrote the code simply not compatible?

So not "hardware enabled" problem.
    Quick check is to use a new profile
    Described Here by Ayespy

• Thanks for the help TbGbe, I renamed the default directory and tested the site again but it was the same, no video only audio. I checked to make sure no extensions were loaded and there weren't any. The profile had definitely been reset because theme changed and no bookmarks etc. Reset profile and checked to make sure flash actually worked (though I don't think the site uses it) and it does. I turned off hardware acceleration as well and that did not help.

Do you have any other suggestions?

• That is strange :huh:
    We know the sample videos work on my Vivaldi V1.2 (32 bit) system - it also works on my Vivaldi V1.3 (64 bit) system, so it's not a site/Vivaldi problem.
    One thing that occurs to me, if you are using a login at Full30 maybe that changes something?
    If so, maybe the User agent switcher could help,
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/user-agent-switcher-for-g/ffhkkpnppgnfaobgihpdblnhmmbodake

Try changing id to e.g. Firefox and reload page.

@Scarnag:

Working on moving away from google etc (snip)
    Youtube works fine.

From this I am guessing that it works fine on your PC with other browsers and that Youtube etc work with Vivaldi.
    That would seem to rule out Firewall, Anti-Virus problems with Chromium engine - although it might be worth checking for restrictions specifically affecting Vivaldi.

The only other suggestion I have is to try the Vivaldi 1.3 snapshot, but to be honest, no changes affecting Video are listed so far.
    https://vivaldi.net/en-US/teamblog/121-snapshot-1-3-501-6-customizable-ui-themes

There was another problem reported (specific to Facebook) where he couldn't get videos playing either.
    But he gave up and went back to Google Chrome. :whistle:

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/forum/vivaldi-browser/11678-facebook-videos

Otherwise, maybe someone else can provide some ideas?

• Thanks again for your help. You are correct that only Vivaldi has the issue Chrome, FF and Opera are fine. Checked firewall and did not see any issues so I logged out closed browser and tried again that did not work, I stayed logged out and installed user agent switcher restarted browser and changed to FF then tried and that did not work. I might try the snapshot later.

• As no one else has jumped in; all I can suggest is that you actually report this to Vivaldi so the devs can have a look, at https://vivaldi.com/bugreport

Give your full system details etc.
    You will receive an email reply with the assigned bug number VB-xxxxx
    You can reply to that email with a link to this thread.
    Note; the bug tracker is NOT visible to the general public (us).
    There might e.g. be "something" that the site is doing differently based on Location/Country.

You could then update this thread with the bug number.

Then you can check the snapshot change releases for it.

• Will do, thanks for the help and info. Moving away from Chrome/Google, Firefox and now Opera is not easy and this browser has a ton of potential so I am in to do what I can to help.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.