NoUndo - is not good programming practice

• So what happens when you cose a website accidently? I can't figure out how to get back or get back close. "Close" is important for websites that don't know how to behave. The ones where the BACK button doesn;t work. They somehow clobber your history.

• Try clicking on the trashcan - top right on Title bar.

• Or, if you're using side tabs (vertical tabs) it's at the bottom of the tab bar.

• Makes sense to have Undo work as much as possible.

• @liebezeit:

Makes sense to have Undo work as much as possible.

The trashcan is there since the past millennium, I think that is "soon enough" :lol:

• The trashcan works as expected. Thanks.

In the Vivaldi menu, there is also an Edit/Undo with a KB shortcut. That won't work when you accidentally close a website.

What I like about the Trash, is that it will bring back previous back buttons.

Without the "standard interface", finding the Vivaldi menu was an issue for me. I was an early Mac platform user.

• @KeepItSimpleStupid:

In the Vivaldi menu, there is also an Edit/Undo with a KB shortcut. That won't work when you accidentally close a website.

I just tried this.
    I closed the current window and then pushed CTRL+Z (keyboard shortcut for Undo). The closed window opened again.
    Then I closed the current window and clicked on the Vivaldi menu > Edit > Undo. Nothing happened.

• @RRR13:

The Undo in the Edit menu is for text, not for reopening tabs.
    If you want to click something, right click any tab or the New Tab button and the last entry in the context menu that will appear is Reopen Closed Tab.
    That's what you are looking for.

Thanks for your clarification and suggestion!

However, aside from that, don't you think it's a bit strange that the same function ('Undo') behaves differently when you select it by pointing at it through the menus, or when you're using a keyboard shortcut?
    I'd expect Vivaldi to respond the same way (in case of the example: re-open the closed tab, or do nothing) - no matter how you select the 'Undo' function.

Is this a bug perhaps?

• That's not exactly what I mean. :)
    As a matter of fact, I wholeheartedly agree with you. I don't want a 'global undo', exactly for the reasons you describe.

Now that we have that out of the way, I'll try to be more clear. :)

When you open a new tab, close it, and then select 'Undo' from the menus, nothing happens.
    This is good. This is how it should work.

Now, when you open a new tab, close it, and then press CTRL+Z (the keyboard shortcut for 'Undo'), the tab reappears.
    This is not good.

Are you with me? :)

Edit: just thought of it, there should be another keyboard shortcut for 'reopen closed tab'; f.i. CTRL+SHIFT+W.
    As long as it isn't CTRL+Z. :)

• @Lyffle:

just thought of it, there should be another keyboard shortcut for 'reopen closed tab'; f.i. CTRL+SHIFT+W.
    As long as it isn't CTRL+Z. :)

Something like Ctrl-Shift-T perhaps :P

You can remove Ctrl-Z as the shortcut for re-open tab in the keyboard settings.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.