Facebook videos

• On Facebook any video shows only a black screen...however the sound can be heard. I have the latest flash player and the latest Vivaldi version. What to do?

• Yes I'm logged in. No flash video will play correctly with Vivaldi. HTML videos play perfect. Flash videos play correctly with IE and Firefox. Same version of flash player. I did not have this issue before the last Vivaldi update.

• Just to clarify:-

@stumped:

Yes I'm logged in. No flash video will play correctly with Vivaldi.

As mentioned in the other thread, do they play OK if you are NOT logged in to Facebook?
    If so, did you try phernando's solution (userstyle`s theme)?

@stumped:

HTML videos play perfect. Flash videos play correctly with IE and Firefox. Same version of flash player. I did not have this issue before the last Vivaldi update.

Both Firefox and I.E. use a different FlashPlayer. Vivaldi requires the PPAPI plug-in. However, if it worked before the update we can assume that you have the correct one B)
    By "upgrade", do you mean you are now using Vivaldi 1.2 ( 1.2.490.39 )?

Also, do videos play OK for you on other sites besides Facebook?

• Yes I have Vivaldi 1.2.490.39 () (32-bit) and Flash player Version: 21.0.0.242 PPAPI. I have no clue how to change 'userstyle theme'. I have never been on Facebook without signing in…wouldn't know how to do it.
    Some videos from various sites return errors > Playback is not supported in this browser. I have included a screenshot.

[attachment=3744]Screenshot_1.jpg[/attachment]
    Attachments:

• @stumped:

I have no clue how to change 'userstyle theme'.

I use themes from UserStyles on various sites. On Facebook, for example, I use this theme.

I was having the same problem that you`ve got and when I uptade the theme, all come back to normal again.

Unfortunally, I think isnt your case because it seems you dont use themes on Vivaldi.

• Ok I installed the theme you are using on Facebook. Same result…black screen with audio only. Thanks for the idea tho...

• @stumped:

Yes I have Vivaldi 1.2.490.39 () (32-bit) and Flash player Version: 21.0.0.242 PPAPI.

Thought so ;)

@stumped:

I have never been on Facebook without signing in…wouldn't know how to do it.

Well, can you play the embedded video on this page ( see Laughing Land )
    https://www.facebook.com/topic/Mr.-Bean/17774451468

Similarly, there is a link to Youtube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcSP39U4EgU

Does that work for you?

@stumped:

Some videos from various sites return errors > Playback is not supported in this browser. I have included a screenshot.

The screen shot does not help, that message could just be because the site does not recognise Vivaldi in which case switching the user agent would solve it. This could be verified if you post the address (url) of that video or others?

But but that is not the problem you are having on Facebook :S - let's try to sort the Facebook/black screen first.

Unfortunately, I don't have a facebook account - but we know that it works for phernando (when logged in) and you have similar setup to him now.

By the way, do you have any extensions installed in Vivaldi? Have you tried disabling them?
    Simplest way to test -

Take a look at Menu/help/about, and the line "Profile Path" tells you where the folder is (in Win 10 it's usually Users/[yourname]/appdata/local/vivaldi/user data/default.

With Vivaldi closed, rename the folder "Default" (e.g. Saved_Default ) so that you don't lose anything.
    Then when you restart Vivaldi it will automatically create a fresh profile and you can check if that fixes your problem.

• @stumped:

[attachment=3744]Screenshot_1.jpg[/attachment]

I have this same problem on Twitter. It was fine before the update:

Vivaldi 1.2.490.39 () (64-bit)
    Revision 913448ac42b4b8bda5aa5fb7e76cbff365453b40
    OS Linux
    Blink 537.36 (@913448ac42b4b8bda5aa5fb7e76cbff365453b40)
    JavaScript V8 5.1.281.58
    Flash (Disabled)

I have had the same problem with other Chromium browsers for quite some time, which is why I was happy that Vivaldi had been working. Perhaps this is due to flash being disabled? I haven't touched anything between updates.

Also, I'm not currently using any user style sheets, though that may change soon.

• Maybe, maybe not. So have you tried enabling Flash?

@TbGbe:

The screen shot does not help, that message could just be because the site does not recognise Vivaldi in which case switching the user agent would solve it. This could be verified if you post the address (url) of that video or others?

Or try switching the user agent:
    @Gwen-Dragon:

Agent Switcher: 1. install extension Useragent Switcher from https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/user-agent-switcher-for-g/ffhkkpnppgnfaobgihpdblnhmmbodake
    2. switch to useragent Firefox
    3. reload page

• Thank you for the reply. Yes I can play this video…but It is HTML5 and I can play any of this type. It's the Adobe flash player that is the problem.
    My extensions:
    1. Select all (text) 0.1
    2. Stylish 1.5.2
    3. Disconnect Search 2.0.11
    ...all of which I have had from day 1. Disabled them and still have the problem with flash player.

Here are two videos I cannot play
    https://www.facebook.com/FunECards/videos/958928284188451/

https://www.facebook.com/whatguysreallylike/videos/509527382586567/

• OK
    The first video plays fine for me using Vivaldi 1.2.490.39 () (32-bit) and Flash player Version: 21.0.0.242 PPAPI
    when I'm NOT logged into Facebook ;)

The second is region restricted.

But at least we now know your problem isn't Vivaldi version NOR is it a problem with the user agent.
    As you also said that you had no problem before - we can assume that you do not have a problem with the "enable hardware" settings which has bitten others.

Would you be willing/able to try the profile rename I suggested?
    If those videos play with a new profile, then you know that "something" is messed up in the settings.

• What I did..deleted Vivaldi completely. Installed the latest version again. No extensions or add-ons. Go to facebook…black screen videos again/still. Tried with hardware acceleration on and off. Uninstalled Vivaldi completely. Reinstalled Chrome. Go to Facebook...videos play perfect. I am going to stay with Chrome for the time being. If I'm the only one having these issues, then I don't have the time to work out the problem. If I'm not the only one with this issue, then maybe a fix will be in a future. I'll be checking back.
    Thank you all for your time...

Edit: FYI > Win7 SP1 64bit I7-960

• Ok..here's the deal. I reformatted my computer…Win7. After all updates, installed Vivaldi. Went to Facebook...all videos play perfect. Later, went to a site that used Flash (TWC watch TV on computer) said I needed the latest version. Installed it and watched my program. Later went to facebook, no videos will play...blackscreen only. Uninstalled Flash player. Went to Facebook..no videos play just a black screen.Uninstalled Vivaldi using Revo Pro. Reinstalled Vivaldi. Went to Facebook...no videos play, black screen only. So something is left over from a uninstall of Adobe flash player that is preventing the built in flash player from being utilized...IMO.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.