Ctrl-B and Backspace key handling

• Vivaldi Translator

Example 1: While writing an e-mail in Outlook 365 or entering this post on this forum, I use Ctrl-B to Emphasize text. Bold style is applied alright, but Vivaldi also opens the Bookmarks page. Example 2: On some javascript-based maths exercise site, while entering an expression, I use Backspace because I want to correct a part of my entry. The Backspace is applied in the entry field, but at the same time Vivaldi thinks: Hey backspace, let's go back to the previous page. VERY Annoying, because now I've lost my complete entry al together. These two examples have a common denominator: (rich) text entry field Vs. web browsing key strokes. Is it possible to distinguish that the user is actively entering/editing text in a rich text entry field and suppress these shortcut keystrokes related to web browsing?

• Known issues. For now, edit the shortcuts, e.g. Ctrl + Shift + B for bookmarks, or just delete those that you don't need in Settings, Keyboard. Mouse Gestures can be used instead too.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.