[Suggestions] Title, links, etc.

• Hi, I suggest to add these features: - A tooltip with the entire title of the page (not cropped) on mouse hover on a tab. - In the context menu, "copy the text of the link", and not only "copy the URL". - Drag & drop a link to open it in a new tab. - Drag & drop an image to open it in a new tab. - Download speed. I hope to see them in a new update. :)

• +1000 for this feature !

• Drag & drop a link to open it in a new tab.

Very usefull in Chrome. It could be nice to add it on Vivaldi ! :cheer:

Thanks

• @JS96:

• A tooltip with the entire title of the page (not cropped) on mouse hover on a tab.

+1

Yes, please consider adding that feature, Vivaldi team! Nowadays the title of almost every web page is too long to fit in a tab. Not just in Vivaldi, but in all browsers, so a tooltip for tabs is essential, and would certainly be appreciated in Vivaldi.

• @JS96:

Hi,

I suggest to add these features:

• A tooltip with the entire title of the page (not cropped) on mouse hover on a tab.

I hope to see them in a new update. :)

What you are talking about, its already there, just move you mouse over the tab and you ll see the full title as a tooltip.

• @saudiqbal:

What you are talking about, its already there, just move you mouse over the tab and you ll see the full title as a tooltip.

You won't if you have tab thumbnails enabled, and then only thumbnails of inactive tabs are displayed, not the active tab.

[attachment=3850]CroppedTitle.png[/attachment]

I think people want tab titles like in Opera 12.17

[attachment=3851]FullTitle.png[/attachment]
    Attachments:

• @saudiqbal:

@JS96:

Hi,

I suggest to add these features:

I hope to see them in a new update. :)

Nope, when the tab is active, I don't see anything, when is unactive I see this:

I can't see the full title…

I would like to see something like this (Maxthon):

• @JS96:

If that's all you want, just disable Popup Thumbnails in Settings, Tabs, Tab Display.

• @Pesala:

@JS96:

If that's all you want, just disable Popup Thumbnails in Settings, Tabs, Tab Display.

Yes, I saw it. But why it's disabled when Popup Thumbnails is enabled? I see no reason…

• @JS96:

Yes, I saw it. But why it's disabled when Popup Thumbnails is enabled? I see no reason…

My guess is that the two can't coexist, since the tooltip would have to popup at the same time as the thumbnail. Of course you can still see the tooltip on top of the thumbnails if you pull down the separator between the tab bar and the address bar, but maybe if both of them were popups there'd be a conflict. Who knows? :unsure: Maybe one of the developers could clarify that. :)

• @fretist:

My guess is that the two can't coexist, since the tooltip would have to popup at the same time as the thumbnail.

Opera 12.17 shows a tootip on active tabs and previews on inactive tabs, or tooltips on both if previews are disabled.

• @fretist:

@JS96:

My guess is that the two can't coexist, since the tooltip would have to popup at the same time as the thumbnail. Of course you can still see the tooltip on top of the thumbnails if you pull down the separator between the tab bar and the address bar, but maybe if both of them were popups there'd be a conflict. Who knows? :unsure: Maybe one of the developers could clarify that. :)

I'm a developer, and if you want you can call more than one method at the occurence of an event (in this case, mouse hover on the tabs).
    So, there isn't a technical reason not to do that.

• @JS96:

I'm a developer, and if you want you can call more than one method at the occurence of an event (in this case, mouse hover on the tabs).
    So, there isn't a technical reason not to do that.

OK, then it's either a choice or an oversight on the part of Vivaldi's developers. Maybe they'll change that in future releases; it's a very young browser and they still have loads of work to do. So far, so good, however. B)

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.