[REQ] Context-menu: search selected text in any installed search engine

• Simple and super-useful: There should be a context menu to search the selected text in all installed search engines. This feature isn't possible with a Chrome add-on (they can't access the installed search engines, you have to maintain a separate list which is an unacceptable hassle). Here's what my Opera install has: [attachment=3571]ScreenShot2016-05-14at5.10.41PM.png[/attachment]

• I also need this. I use it frequently in Opera 12.17. Opera 37 has it already. The only problem with it is that it's on a submenu, and therefore less accessible than it should be.

[attachment=3692]DefaultSearchWithSubmenu.png[/attachment]

In Opera 12.17 I use a customised menu with my favourite search engines on the context menu.

[attachment=3694]CustomisedSearchWith.png[/attachment]

To make this easier to manage for non-geeks, the Search Engines manager could have a checkbox to include the search on the context menu. Putting all search engines directly on the context menu won't work well for users who have defined a lot of search engines.
    Attachments:

• +1

• +1

I miss this feature too.

• +1

I would really like to see this feature :)

• +1

• +1

• @Pesala:

To make this easier to manage for non-geeks, the Search Engines manager could have a checkbox to include the search on the context menu. Putting all search engines directly on the context menu won't work well for users who have defined a lot of search engines.

I like the checkbox idea.

• +1

• Works great in 1.5.658.44! Thanks!

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.