Initial refresh

• :( When I start Vivaldi it opens all previous tabs. The problem is that they do not fresh initially but load with the old (cached) content. I have to open each tab and hit the3 refresh button to get new content. In the Opear browser this is not the case, the tabs are automatically refreshed when I start the app. This is keeps me working with Opera....

• When I start Vivaldi it opens all previous tabs. The problem is that they do not fresh initially but load with the old (cached) content. I have to open each tab and hit the3 refresh button to get new content.
    In the Opera browser this is not the case, the tabs are automatically refreshed when I start the app.

And that's what I like at Vivaldi: Just recovering the last session from cache at startup instead of reloading it. This makes Vivaldi that fast as it is.
    Probably this was the intention of the Vivaldi-Team.

But maybe it could be a new feature to introduce a flag which can be set for every single Tab to force a reload at startup?

EuliX

• Makes no sense to me, it's obvious I want the tabs to show the latest info when I open it.
    But then all is subjective.

• Makes no sense to me, it's obvious I want the tabs to show the latest info when I open it.
    But then all is subjective.

As I said before, I think it was the intention of the Vivaldi-Team to make the startup fast by loading the page data from cache.
    So what you need then is a preference setting to load the pages at startup instead using the cached data, don't you?

I think you should post a feature request under https://vivaldi.net/forum/all/746-vivaldi-feature-request

EuliX

• done, thx for the link.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.