No mail client please + some feedback

• I always felt that the email client in Opera was at best an afterthought and it never really improved much. I wish you'd stop spending time on a mail client when most people already have one they use, whether it's webmail or desktop software. I'd rather have my browser be a browser and mail client separately. Other than that Vivaldi looks nice, I especially like being able to pin tabs to the side as small thumbnails. Makes much better use of my large display. The search field should be dropped, I can't imagine using anything but the address field to do searches nowadays. Some sort of dark theme for UI (sidebars etc) would be much appreciated.

• About the mail: I loved the integrated mail client and I never found another alternative that would be so convenient and fast like it was. If you don't want those advanced features such as integrated mail you could use Opera, which is a simple and "clean" browser haha :)

But really, I just wish they could make it just like the old Opera. I don't want a simple browser, I want a Swiss Army knife Browser. That's why I missed Opera so much.

I couldn't disagree more. It's been a year and a half since I had a browser that could display and handle my email smoothly and proficiently right next to the web page window I was working in, and the slowdown to my workflow is STILL being felt. I need a mail panel I can keep open on the left at all times, so bad I can taste it.

If you don't like email in your browser, you can hide it/not use it. I should not be denied an option, just because you can't understand how it's useful.

• a good think that Vivaldi Browser did was bring the mail client back

• @Ayespy:

I couldn't disagree more. It's been a year and a half since I had a browser that could display and handle my email smoothly and proficiently right next to the web page window I was working in, and the slowdown to my workflow is STILL being felt. I need a mail panel I can keep open on the left at all times, so bad I can taste it.

If you don't like email in your browser, you can hide it/not use it. I should not be denied an option, just because you can't understand how it's useful.

Absolutely. I am still trying to get used to Thunderbird (I am using Linux/Ubuntu). I can't even see all my inbox from one folder, lots of unnecessary options and so on. Opera Mail had this "one folder for all inbox", simplicity, maillisting and some other benefits. Also, Opera Mail had RSS reader.

Mail Client didn't cause performance issue in Opera if you didn't use it.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.